[NEBULA] XGS1930-52HP Dead?

Pook
Pook Posts: 136  Ally Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Nebula Gratitude Friend Collector
edited April 2021 in Nebula

Hi Guys

So I have a brand new switch that was installed just last week, I came in Monday morning to a site down. On inspection the switch was on but the SYS light was flickering really fast.

Tried cold booting but had no effect, also tried reset and restore buttons multiple times but no joy. The switch does not boot and cannot be seen online, also no other lights for the LAN ports are coming on.

I suspect an RMA is going to be needed but thought I would check here first, firmware is V4.5 ABHV.7.

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jason
    Zyxel_Jason Posts: 394  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Pook ,

Thanks for your information.

The symptom sounds like the Switch has something wrong in the booting stage.

Is it possible for you to connect a 4-pin console cable to the Switch's console port and do the cold boot again? We would like to see if there is any error logs on console when booting up. The console port is in the right panel of the Switch.

If yes, hope you may share a video or some screenshots or the error logs.

Please also note that kindly hide some private information(like MAC address/SN or e-mail address) due to security concern when you share the result.

Jason
  • Pook

Hi Jason

This model does not have a console port? I can't see one anywhere on the unit.

• Zyxel_Jason
    Zyxel_Jason Posts: 394  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Pook ,

I take a photo in my local office for you.

Hope it helps.

Jason
  • Pook

Thanks Jason

I see that now, what kind of cable to I need to purchase? I only have the RS-232 to Ethernet with me.

• Pook

Sadly the unit was confirmed faulty and a replacement was sent, thanks for helping :-)

Nebula Tips & Tricks