[NEBULA] NWA1123-AC-PRO Poor Throughput with even a Basic Config

2»

All Replies

• Gi11y
    Gi11y Posts: 10  Freshman Member
    Friend Collector First Comment

@RichardHan

I understand Freda's point however as can be seen from my DFS there is next to nothing in regards to interference. One set of devices which are wireless phones on 2.4. I tested with the phones off and no difference was found.

Thanks for pointing that out about 20/40Mhz, I have adjusted.

I have access to a ubiquiti WAP, I tried this in to the back of the router as I done with my zyxel and as thought I essentially got the same line speed as I would when in the LAN. When I dont this test my zyxel was online as well as other devices in the house which should has caused interference.

This therefore confirms it is the zyxel WAP which has the bottle neck. I firmly believe it to be the latest firmware.

I bought this WAP last year in prep for my move to my now current premises, when in the previous premises the zyxel attained the same speed as the BT hub wireless which it was plugged in to.

Would you happen to know if the firmware can be downgraded as a test? I had a look in nebula but see nothing.

• Zyxel_Freda
    Zyxel_Freda Posts: 397  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment

Hi @Gi11y,

Please let me know the available time for downgrade the firmware. We'll help to do it from backend.

Thanks.

• Gi11y

Hi,

Please go ahead at anytime between 9am-5pm when no one will be using this.

I presume I can upgrade again if needed without issue?

Thanks

• Zyxel_Freda
    edited February 2020

Hello @Gi11y,

We proceed to downgrade firmware at 9am (UTC) today and as your request, I'll not lock the firmware, so you can upgrade to the last one if needed.

Please note that the firmware will still be upgraded when the schedule time comes, so you can re-schedule in SITE-WIDE> Configure> Firmware Management, or ask our help to lock the firmware if you want to keep the old one.

• Gi11y

Thanks.

Unfortunately resulting test has not improved, in fact speeds has got worse!

With all of the tests above things, in my opinion, point directly to the WAP hardware/firmware being the issue.

Sad that this cannot be looked in to further and I only hope that this might be fixed in a later firmware update.

• Zyxel_Freda

Hello @Gi11y,

We take this issue very seriously, so we have an internal meeting to discuss this case and hope to find out the issue for you on using NWA1123-AC PRO. We'd like to check the AP position, so would you share the topology or deployment of the AP for us or take a picture for the AP at the location you test? May I know that is there other AP in the house, or only one NWA1123-AC PRO?

If you are available to do the test again, would you test nearby the AP (about 1m) because the result would not be impacted by the antenna pattern and power? We'd like to check the data rate (Tx/Rx) when nearby the AP. And, if it's possible, would you change to a DFS channel on 5GHz test?

Thanks.

• Gi11y

Hi,

I had put this on the back burner for a while due to not getting anywhere, however I ran a speed test last night and got almost line speeds connected to the wifi!!

I see nothing has changed config wise and the last thing that was performed was the upgrade since the downgrade, not sure if this happens to have corrected it or not.

I will continue to monitor going forward but looks like things are back to full working order again.

Thanks

• Zyxel_Freda

Hi @Gi11y,

Thanks for your update. Do you mean that the AP had been changed position after you tested the speed and it's not as expectation? Or, it's the same place you put the AP but got better speed?

• Gi11y

Hi @Nebula_Freda

I mean I tested the speed, without any change to any setting or physical location, and it is now getting vastly improved speeds compared to before.

Thanks

• Zyxel_Freda

Hi @Gi11y,

Thanks for clarify. Let's continue to monitor it.

Nebula Tips & Tricks