[NEBULA] Bigger QR Code Labels

pitmancd
pitmancd Posts: 7
First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula

When shipping new product, please make the QR code labels bigger. Some smart phones have issues reading the smaller QR codes when trying to add them to Nebula. One example of this is with the NWA1302-AC.

Comments

• Nebula_Bayardo
    Nebula_Bayardo Posts: 179  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment

Hi @pitmancd

Thanks for your feedback! The latest version of the Nebula Mobile APP includes a Zoom option when scanning device QR code. Feel free to check it out and tell us the result.

Bayardo

• pitmancd

Ok. It's been awhile, but I think last time I used the app and a small QR code it did work better. I know some devices can't have a big label because of the size of the device. And I think that some devices may come with an extra label that's printed on separate documentation?? But it seems like some devices only had the small label on the device itself, and the app struggled with being able to read it. I would just suggest making the labels bigger if possible and/or providing a bigger label on separate documentation in the box or on the box. Thanks!

• Nebula_Bayardo
    Nebula_Bayardo Posts: 179  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment

Hi @pitmancd

Thanks for your feedback!

Normally, you can find the QR code on the device, on the box and in the device local GUI, except for some old manufactured models that have been added to Nebula just recently. The new manufactured devices will include the QR code on the places mentioned before.

As mentioned, the latest APP version released in March support the Zoom-in for device registration.

Can you tell us with which devices you met this issue? So we can check that thoroughly. Thanks!

• pitmancd

A good test would be the NWA1302-AC. Last time I remember the app working, maybe better than before, but it still seemed hit or miss to get it to work. And I don't think there were any larger QR code labels provided, whether in or on the box or attached to the device.

This is not necessarily a huge issue as I can of course enter things manually. It's just more of a nuisance and suggestion to keep in mind for future products.

Nebula Tips & Tricks