NWA1123-AC HD - Only 10 mb - always disconnected

missel
missel Posts: 10
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula
Hello,

I am desperate. I cannot have a good connexion on the NWA1123-AC HD setup with Zyxel Nebula.

I have followed the indication about the deactivation of captive portal, L2 isolation and rate limited.

The AP are with the last Firmware version : V6.10 (ABIN.2)

I tried a lot of setup. And now I am lost to find a solution.

The last test I did show a test connection speed at 10 mb/s (with speedtest) vs 1Gb/s wired ethernet.
And the device are always disconnected with a warning message.
Example on Iphone "SSiD Name seems not be connected to Internet. Do you want use cellular data ?"
Extract from event log in attach

Help will be very appreciate. I'll be ready to follow your advice.

I am near to change this AP for another type like ISpeed.

Thanks in advance.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Joslyn
    Zyxel_Joslyn Posts: 360  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @missel

Since 5G connection quality is better than 2.4G, we will recommand to adjust the configurations to let the stations conenct to 5G first.
    Here is the suggestions.
    1. Enlarge the 5G output power to 30dBm and reduce the 2.4G output power to 13dBm. Go to Access point > Configure > Radio settings.

2. Since channel overlapping will cause the traffic congestion, we suggest to reduce the 5G channel-width to 40MHz. Go to Access point > Configure > Radio settings.

3. Use DCS to select a better channel. AP will calculate a better channel in the environment. This will help to avoid corwded channel.

If you still has any question for it, please provide your org/site name and enable ZYXEL support for us. We will help to check the logs and configurations.

Hope it helps.

Joslyn

• missel
    First Comment
    edited August 2020
    Thank you very much.
    I have setuped parameters you have proposed.
    I'll keep you aware.
    Must I send you my Org/site by personal message ?
  • missel
    First Comment
    The smart steering is activated. I leave you in attach the config. I don't know if parameters are good ?

Have a good day.
  • missel
    First Comment
    Hello,
    It is still not working. :'(

• missel
    First Comment
    It's worth. I don't know if you're working on it ?
  • Zyxel_Joslyn
    Zyxel_Joslyn Posts: 360  Zyxel Employee
    Hi @missel

The smart steering configuration is ok; however, it depends on your environment. If you feel if it is hard to connect, you can adjust it anytime. 
    I realized the status via logs, and it seems the Tx statistic for each station got huge amount. You can recevied the detail information via the private message. The WiFi environment is too crowded to send out the traffic. That's why your speedtest performance is not good enough. To test the correct performance, we suggest to clear these stations and use iperf to test because each speedtest website has its own calculating method. The test result might be different.

Joslyn
  • missel
    First Comment
    Thanks a lot to help me.
    What do you mean by we suggest to clear these stations ?

• Zyxel_Freda
    Zyxel_Freda Posts: 397  Zyxel Employee
    Hi @missel ,
    Because the stations/clients seemed to transfer a lot of traffic and it would impact the performance, we recommend to do the test when the stations offline. Or, you may set the rate limiting to limit the station traffic. It can be set by SSID in Access point> Configure> Authentication> Rate limiting. 
  • missel
    First Comment
    OK for a test I can do that
    But all these devices are apple devices (iphone, Ipad) corresponding to users who try to surf on internet.
    The aim of the AP is to offer an access to internet. If  3 or 4 devices are too much for 2 last generation Zyxel AP, I don't understand.

Any way thank for the time you took, take, will take =) to help me.
  • Zyxel_Freda
    Zyxel_Freda Posts: 397  Zyxel Employee
    Hi @missel ,
    Thanks for your update. 
    Because the wireless traffic is share the same airtime, if there's a station/client transfer big/heavy traffic, it's possible to make the other connected clients get bad performance. That's why we recommended you to set the rate limiting. The rate limiting is set per SSID and it's used to limit the traffic of each client which connected on the SSID. 
    If you still have problem about the performance, please provide the MAC address of the test client and test time for us to check details.
    Thanks.

Nebula Tips & Tricks