External captive Portal redirection

Options
yomismo2
yomismo2 Posts: 4
First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula
Hi everyone,

We have some installattions with NAP and Nebula Pro management. Over this scenario, we have integrated an external captive portal and radius platform

Customers who have our platform integrated with Zyxel Nebula are complaining because the redirection to the external captive portal is not performed correctly.

When the users are associated with the network, the first redirection only sends the parameter "apmac", logically our platform expects to receive all the necessary parameters to display the appropriate captive portal.

if another attempt is made if it does the redirection properly by sending all the parameters.

Do you have any news about this? Could it be because the "beta" functionality has been added to customize the redirection parameters? Should we change any configuration?

Please, we need an urgent response

Thanks in advance

All Replies

• Zyxel_Joslyn
    Zyxel_Joslyn Posts: 360  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    Hi @yomismo2

I tested for the external captive portal, and it redirected automatically with the complete URL.
    (modified the MAC address for security issue.)
    http://10.214.48.75/?apmac=bc:cf:4f:zz:xx:yy&usermac=0c:54:15:zz:xx:yy&apip=192.168.1.36&userip=192.168.1.37&ssid_name=ZyXEL_test&apurl=http://2.2.2.2/cgi-bin/login.cgi

Could you take a screenshot with the issue URL for the browser and let me the reproduce steps?

Joslyn

• yomismo2
    Options
    Hi Joslyn,

I have updated the firmware version of APs from v6.00 (ABEL 5) to v6.10 (ABEL 8), and it seems that to be working properly. Could this be the solution or a temporary issue?. Please, tell us to notify our clients.

Thanks 

• Zyxel_Joslyn
    Options
    Hi @yomismo2

As I mentioned in private message, please let me know if I can use your external captive portal URL to test. Because I tested for other URLs, all of them worked fine. Not sure if there is negotiation gap between your server and AP.

Joslyn
  • yomismo2
    Options
    Hi Joslyn, 

Of course tou can use our captive portal platform to test. 

Regards

• Zyxel_Joslyn
    Options
    Hi @yomismo2

As we discussed via the eITS system, this issue has been resolved with a date firmware. If you have any end customer needs our help to upgrade the date firmware from the backend server, please ask him enable the ZYXEL support for us.(Help > Support request). We can reach the org and help.

Nebula Tips & Tricks