NCC Sites best practice

Phil_G
Phil_G Posts: 5
Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula
I need guidance on the best way to organize a campus with multiple buildings in Nebula. All buildings connected via fiber and share internet connection and firewall at core. Should I setup each building as a separate site, or should I do the full campus as a site and use tags to group devices based on building, etc...? Pros and cons of each method in Nebula?

Thanks in advance.
Phil

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jonas
    Zyxel_Jonas Posts: 313  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @Phil_G,

Welcome to Zyxel Community!
    As all the networking is in the same firewall/core,  I'll recommend installing the full campus in one site, it will be more convenient to maintain,  you won't need to switch org/site everytime when monitoring the current status. You may also use tags to group devices and assign SSID for specific APs.

Jonas,
    Jonas,
  • Hi @Phil_G,

Welcome to Zyxel Community!
    As all the networking is in the same firewall/core,  I'll recommend installing the full campus in one site, it will be more convenient to maintain,  you won't need to switch org/site everytime when monitoring the current status. You may also use tags to group devices and assign SSID for specific APs.

Jonas,
    Thank you! One other thing about our setup is each building has a different vlan. Is it possible to apply vlans to ports via tagging?
  • Zyxel_Jonas
    Zyxel_Jonas Posts: 313  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @Phil_G,

Thank you! One other thing about our setup is each building has a different vlan. Is it possible to apply vlans to ports via tagging?

Nope, it can't be done by tagging. However, you could use a tag to specify where the switch location. For configuring VLANs to multiple switch ports, I suggest changing the switch name to a similar one, as a label. E.g. Building A, 1st floor, 2x switches named "Alpha".
    Will look like this:

Go to Switch > Configure > Switch ports, and then use the search bar to filter the switch using the name "Alpha".

It will display all the switch ports, and you may choose multiple ports to configure VLANs at the same time by clicking on "Edit" button.

Hope it helps.
    Jonas,
    Jonas,

Nebula Tips & Tricks