Client VPN Secuextender disconnecting

Claude
Claude Posts: 10  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Hi,

We've an USG20 with VPN SSL. It's works well except for a client secuextender on a W10 PC.

With Windows Explorer secuextender disconnect systematically if we transfert a file from the PC to the server W2008. It's work if we do reverse.

Anybody have an issue ?

Comments

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment

Hello,

The most current SecuExtender version is 4.0.2.0. If you’re not using this version, please update it firstly (SecuExtender_Windows4.0.2.0)

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6vKSUI3pbtmaXJsdGlrOFozcDg/view?usp=sharing

Before installing the latest SecuEntender, you should update your windows to the latest patches, then install the SecuExtender software afterward and try the SLL VPN connection again.

If the SLL VPN is still not working, follow the steps below and share the screenshot for us to check further.

1.       Go to device manager> Network adapters then check if the SecuExtender is working or not (TAP-Windows Adapter V9 for Zyxel SecuExtender)

2.       Go to Control panel> Programs. Then see if the “Visual C++ 2015” is installed or not.

Thanks

Charlie

• Claude
    Thanks for your reply.

These two components are present and work fine.

The problem is ONLY when I want to slide and past a file from W10PC to W2008 server, secuexenter disconnect immidiately.

Only files < 1Ko pass. If > 1Ko = disconnexion of secu extender.

In the other direction no problem.

When secuextender disconnect I have this evenement :

I have desactived antinvirus + firewall without any change. W10 is totally updated.

Why files < 1Ko pass an others no ???????

• Johan
    Johan Posts: 26  Freshman Member
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Could you please translate what the event says to English?
  • Claude
    The explorer has forced an election on network\device\Netbp_tcpip_( ...........)\because a master explorer has been stoped

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 118  Zyxel Employee
    Dear Claude,

Please feel free to call our support campus for help
    +32 3 808 1038
    kind regards
    Mark
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    edited October 2017
    Hello Claude,
    I just tested SSL VPN with the latest FW, and the test of file sharing between W2008 server and Win10, both ways are working fine.
    I suggest you to try again with the latest FW and my SecuExtender is version:
    SecuExtender_Windows4.0.2.0.
    The download link will be PM to you. 
    Charlie
  • Claude

L m late sorry.

The PC was changed and it's ok now !

• Edi
    Edi Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Hello,
    I have the same issue. Everything works perfectly unless I try to upload, then disconnects. Upload used to work but one day stoped. Is there any simple solution. Thank you.

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,039  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Edi

When the disconnection appears:

(1). What’s the upload behavior (such as FTP, cloud drive, etc.) leads to disconnection?

(2). What is the disconnection symptom? Is VPN disconnection but network connectivity is normal? Or other symptoms?

• Hi, I have the same problem with a new usg flex 200, updated at last firmware.

Ssl vpn works fine except in two new notebook, with w11 updated, secuextender 4.0.4 and all vcredist installed.

It works transferring from remote to local, but it disconnects immediatly when transferring from local to remote.

I try using different connection (wifi, lan and a hotspot), disable windows antivirus and firewall..

Security Highlight