GS1920-8HP Nebula LogIn - Web Gui - Easy Configuration

Andreas72
Andreas72 Posts: 5
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula
Hi there,

I KNOW. That i don't know... I probably got the wrong Device for my Purpose. I thought it should be easy, but failed. So i hope you can help the ultimate rookie ;-)

8+2 Ports. Idea is to seperate into 3 VLANS. All V-LANS should be able to connect to an Uplink Port where the Router is connected. (Internet) Otherwise the VLANS should be separated from each other. The meaning is to separate Devices to: 1. Office Network (VLAN1)  2. Home Network (VLAN2) 3. Streaming Devices. (VLAN3)

In best case i would also like to set a Priority for Network Performance: VLAN1 = highest Priority VLAN2= lowest Priority.

Is this possible or am i on a completely wrong track???

2nd: I worked with the WebGui of the Device until i connected to Nebula. From this Moment on, i am not able to logon via the WebGui any longer. I only get the Message: "Invalid Username or password" Needless to say this Username/Password Combination was working before. Is the WebGui deactivated when Nebula is used?

Sorry for the unprofessional Questions and maybe also unprofessional approach. Anyway i hope there is someone here helping me. Thank you!

Accepted Solution

• Andreas72
    First Comment
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi there!  Is there anyone who can help in this Issue? It is still unsolved. Thank you.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jonas
    Zyxel_Jonas Posts: 313  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @andreas72,

1. VLAN inquiry, all settings can be done in Switch > Configure > Switch ports.
    In Nebula, the default configuration for all port is VLAN trunking allowed VLAN all, so you won't need to make any changes for the uplink port, only if you want to limit which VLAN to pass through.

For creating VLAN, you'll need to choose a port, and then click on "Edit".
    (Note: You may choose multiple ports to edit.)

Scroll down a bit and on the right side, you'll see the following settings as figure below:
    Choose trunk for devices like; switch/router.

Choose access for end devices like; PC, and then modify the PVID to separate the VLAN.

2. For the QoS priority inquiry,
    Is this possible or am i on a completely wrong track???
    QoS features only need to be configured if the network environment bandwidth is not sufficient to handle heavy traffic which may cause congestion.

To setup, location Switch > Configure > Switch settings, at the middle you'll see the settings as figure below:
    Click the "Add" button, and you may specify which VLAN and the priority.

Reminder: Remember to click the "Save" button after making any configuration changed.

3. For the Web GUI, after a device control by Nebula, Nebula will generate a random password and push to the device. You may check/modify it in this location Site-wide > Configure > General settings.

Hope it helps
    Jonas,
    Jonas,
  • Thank you Jonas. Great Service and Explanation!

3. WebGui Password: Solved. Works. I have access locally.
    2. QoS: Settings done. Functionality not checked.

1. VLAN: No Connection from Uplink to VLAN 2 and VLAN 3. VLAN 1 is OK.

VLAN1 = Port: 1(Uplink) 2,3,9,10: Able to Ping to Switch: 192.168.1.252 - Internet OK

Settings for Port1: Type:Trunk - PVID:1 - Allowed VLANS:all
                       Port: 2,3: (Devices) Type:Access - VLAN type:None - PVID:1
                       Port: 10,11: (Control) Type:Trunk - PVID:1 - Allowed VLANS:all

VLAN2 = Port: 4,5,6,7: Not able to ping to Switch: 192.168.1.252 - No Internet
                                             Message: Reply from 192.168.1.201 : Destination Host unreachable

Settings for Port: 4,5,6,7: (Devices) Type:Access - VLAN type:None - PVID:2

VLAN3 = Port: 8: Not able to ping to Switch: 192.168.1.252 - No Internet
                                             Message: Reply from 192.168.1.201 : Destination Host unreachable

Settings for Port: 4,5,6,7: (Devices) Type:Access - VLAN type:None - PVID:3

I believe that the Uplink Port can route to VLAN1, VLAN2 and VLAN3 right? I need Internet Connection on all 3 VLANS. Please note: I have not WIRED a connection between VLAN1, VLAN2 and VLAN3.

I would be happy hearing from you! Best regards. Andreas.

PS: I am not able to upload (or drag and drop) Pictures into here. No JPG, No PNG, No GIF.
    tested Resulution: 571x219 and 286x110

• Andreas72
    First Comment
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi there!  Is there anyone who can help in this Issue? It is still unsolved. Thank you.
  • Hi there!  Is there anyone who can help in this Issue? It is still unsolved. Thank you.
  • Zyxel_Jonas
    Zyxel_Jonas Posts: 313  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @Andreas72,

Thanks for the detailed information.
    Apology for the delay,
    I believe that the Uplink Port can route to VLAN1, VLAN2 and VLAN3 right?
    I would like to inform that GS1920 is a pure layer 2 switch, therefore it will need routers helps to route the traffic across VLANs. Based on the ping test results, you'll need to ensure that the PC default gateway is the router IP.
    In addition, I noticed that you were using the same subnet on different VLANs. 
    Generally, you'll need to create a different IP interface for the specific VLANs on the router, and then configure the correct default gateway on the PC.

Examaple:
    VLAN1, 192.168.1.1/24
    VLAN2, 192.168.2.1/24
    VLAN3, 192.168.3.1/24

For the upload picture problem, I've made a test using the same resolution of 571x219 and 286x110 and it works fine. May you shared the file with using google drive?

Thanks
    Jonas,

Nebula Tips & Tricks