Old_Pop
Old_Pop Posts: 4  Freshman Member
is your wre6505v2 limited to 100 mbps? newegg listed "00 mbps" for 2.4 Ghz

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Bear
    Zyxel_Bear Posts: 13  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary
    Answer ✓
    Hey @Old_Pop, yes, if you're connecting that way - you will be limited to 100 Mbps from the fast Ethernet port. When you're setting it up, please ensure that you're using "AP mode". If you need a faster connection under AP mode, we recommend a WRE6606 or an ARMOR X1 access point - these two products provide gigabit Ethernet connection (up to 1,000 Mbps for Ethernet).

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kerwin
    Zyxel_Kerwin Posts: 16  Zyxel Employee
    edited September 2017
    @Old_Pop
    It should be 300Mbps for WRE6505v2.
    If you need more specification information for WRE6505v2, please check the datasheet.
    You can download it from the following link:
    WRE6505v2 Datasheet
  • Old_Pop
    i'm sorry i'm a little confused. it says "10/100 Mbps Ethernet port". i want to cconnect this behind an old router i have with a long Ethernet cable, does that mean i will only be able to connect at 100 mbps? thank you
  • Zyxel_Bear
    Zyxel_Bear Posts: 13  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary
    Answer ✓
    Hey @Old_Pop, yes, if you're connecting that way - you will be limited to 100 Mbps from the fast Ethernet port. When you're setting it up, please ensure that you're using "AP mode". If you need a faster connection under AP mode, we recommend a WRE6606 or an ARMOR X1 access point - these two products provide gigabit Ethernet connection (up to 1,000 Mbps for Ethernet).
  • Zyxel_Support
    Zyxel_Support Posts: 436  Zyxel Employee
    edited September 2017
    @Old_Pop
    If you connect WRE6505v2 with an Ethernet cable to your router, all clients connect to WRE6505v2 will get maximum 100Mpbs when surfing the Internet because the speed is limited by the Ethernet port.
  • Old_Pop
    thank you @Zyxel_Bear

Consumer Product Help Center