NAS326 - user created shares no longer visible

Fiddler_Muc
Fiddler_Muc Posts: 4  Freshman Member
edited October 2017 in Personal Cloud Storage
I'm running a little NAS326 in a little home network with W10 PC's and laptops, Android mobiles, Android tablets and Smart TV's. In the beginning everything was fine, I created a user share called backup and set up jobs so the devices are backing up once a day. Also the Twonky shares Music, Photo and Video are visible and useable to all devices. Unfortunately I don't know the exact date and what happend, but one day in september, the user share backup is no longer visible to the clients and therefore the backup jobs are failing. Within the admin center everything is still fine, the shar eis there. Also the defaults are stil visible also to the W10 clients. Only the user cerated share disappeared. I checked all over the net for help and solutions, and also checked everything within W10 and Android, but nothing helped.

Any idea what I can do? Ah, ok, I already resetted the NAS to factoy settings and build up everything, without any good.

Thanks a lot in advance...
Dieter

#NAS_September

All Replies

• Ijnrsi
    Ijnrsi Posts: 254  Master Member
    @Fiddler_Muc

It seems the shared folder is not belong to any user account as no clients can access the folder, but visible in admin center.
    Maybe you can check the folder's privilege in management page to see if the config is no account can access the folder, and also after reset the account information will be removed, so maybe it wll be the root cause. 

Hope this can help you to solve the problem.
  • Fiddler_Muc
    Tnx for your help, but I already checked that. The created folder and share are set active, visible in network, have full access rights for guest and group everyone and set to be published. :-( must be something other.
  • Rory
    Rory Posts: 120  Ally Member
    @Fiddler_Muc,

Maybe you can first check if Twonky Media Server be enabled and share publish setting.

• Fiddler_Muc
    Tnx to you, but as said... TWONKY is up and running fine, music/photo/video are visible and accessible from every client incl. TV, tablet, mobile, PC's. The prob is ONLY with addtionally created shares
  • Rory
    Rory Posts: 120  Ally Member
    Did you check the Twonky web page? You can also check following setting of Twonky.

Go to your NAS with port:9001 for access Twonly web page:

(Check shares be published by Twonky)Settings > Sharing

(Check files be published by Twonly) My Library > By Folder

• Fiddler_Muc
    edited October 2017
    Thanks, it is NOT twonky related!
  • Fredzoul1
    Fredzoul1 Posts: 97  Ally Member
    @Fiddler_Muc
    Do you have check if the case "hidden in network place" is check ? If Yes, uncheck, save and test again !

Here is an exemple (in french sorry) in a NAS540, but it's the same in NAS326 :-)

Consumer Product Help Center