Common causes of WiFi interference

Zyxel_Bear
Zyxel_Bear Posts: 13  Zyxel Employee
First Anniversary
edited September 2017 in Smart Home Product
Hey guys, I wanted to share with you all on common causes of WiFi interference. Try to avoid placing your wireless networking devices near these:
  • External monitors and LCD monitors - Some display monitors can generate a wireless interference with a WiFi network. More specifically it may interfere with 2.4 GHz networks. If you can't avoid these monitors, we suggest you try to lower your WiFi channel. (Example: instead of channel 11, try 6 or 1 instead.) Or even better, connect to a 5 GHz network.
  • Other wireless 2.4/5 GHz band devices - Cordless phone, Bluetooth devices, both of these may create interference on your WiFi network.
  • High powered sources - Avoid breaker boxes or large power lines that are nested in walls.
  • Satellite service - If you have a coax cable connected to a satellite service, ensure that your coax cable is shielded properly. If you find wear and tear on the cable, we strongly recommend replacing it!
  • Low quality cables - Some cables are not shielded properly and may create static interference with the WiFi network. You may want to check any electrical cables that seem worn down.
  • Microwave - Turning on microwaves can cause interference for your WiFi network. When possible, avoid connecting near it or through it.
  • Certain building materials - Water, bricks, marble, plaster, concrete, and metal may block or lower your WiFi network signals.
If you have any tips of your own regarding WiFi interference, feel free to share with everyone here! Thank you and happy connecting!

Comments

• tycoonlee
    tycoonlee Posts: 16  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary
    edited September 2017
    That's quite helpful information. I don't even know high powered source would infect Wi-Fi interference. I put my home router next to two NAS storages. Would it be interfering, too?

• mindzhurna
    mindzhurna Posts: 11  Freshman Member
    edited October 2017
    You can use the signal coverage extender.

Consumer Product Help Center