NAS 326 Unknown error PHP-MySQL-phpMyAdmin or any sw package.

RadaSed
RadaSed Posts: 16  Freshman Member
First Anniversary
edited November 2017 in Personal Cloud Storage
If I want to install any packages, NAS report immediately unknown error. Anyone have a similar experience? Before I upgraded firmware (version  V5.21 (AAZF.1) )

#NAS_November

Best Answers

• Ijnrsi
    Ijnrsi Posts: 254  Master Member
    Answer ✓
    Your computer can connecto to NAS is not meaning your NAS can access internet, you should check NAS has correct gateway IP. 
    For manual part, you need to enable telnet/ssh in web management, control > terminal.
    Use cmd or any terminal tool to telnet/ssh your NAS.

• Fredzoul1
    Fredzoul1 Posts: 97  Ally Member
    Answer ✓
    You have a simple ping test on the GUI of your NAS (exemple in my screen, sorry it's in french)
    With this you can know if your nas have basic access to Internet, you can ping google if you want :-)

All Replies

• Ijnrsi
    Check you internet connection on NAS is okay and check NAS already download the package.
    You can use CLI command to find if the package download or not.
    #cd /i-data/sysvol/.system/zy-pkgs
    #ls

You can also manually put ZYPKGS and package file here, and go back to web management to install the package.
  • RadaSed
    First Anniversary
    Internet Connection is OK. I don't have problem from my computer with connection. Where do I insert The CLI command? Sorry I'am begginer.
  • Ijnrsi
    Answer ✓
    Your computer can connecto to NAS is not meaning your NAS can access internet, you should check NAS has correct gateway IP. 
    For manual part, you need to enable telnet/ssh in web management, control > terminal.
    Use cmd or any terminal tool to telnet/ssh your NAS.

• Fredzoul1
    Answer ✓
    You have a simple ping test on the GUI of your NAS (exemple in my screen, sorry it's in french)
    With this you can know if your nas have basic access to Internet, you can ping google if you want :-)

• RadaSed
    First Anniversary
    There is the problem. NAS tell me:
    Failed to receive response from e.root-servers.net, please try another host or check the network status.
    Another host are the same...
  • Fredzoul1
    @RadaSed,
    I see you accepted the answer, thanks you, but do you find the cause of the default ? Is there a defect cable ? a port on the switch ? a restriction on your routeur ? In case, is your default resolved ? We are here to continue the help :-)
    Best Regards and nice day :-)
  • RadaSed
    First Anniversary
    I would exclude the cable. The connection between PC and NAS works. They are connected via the wifirouter. So I can not see the problem. Apparently by setting it up. But what I have set is wrong I do not know.
  • Fredzoul1
    ok, if you go to the GUI of rour router, is your nas detected ? I think yes if you can acces the gui of your nas with an IP. Now, do you agree in the router configuration the nas to access WAN or not (check by MAC and by IP) ? Because, it's possible that your router denied acces to the exterior by default. What is your routeur ? For exemple, the rules on my router are to denied WAN access by default for all, and I have to volontary accept access when a new computer is connected !
  • tux
    tux Posts: 1  Freshman Member
    edited November 2017
    Hello, you can try to install the packages manually.

1. Download the packages (in german) form http://ftp.zyxel-tech.de/nsa-325v2.htm or directly from ftp://ftp.zyxel-tech.de/2.new_mirror/NSA325_v2/4.40/zypkg/

2. Navigate via FTP/SFTP/or any other access to
    /i-data/593724af/admin/zy-pkgs

3. Put the packages you want there and they will appear at your package manager. There you can install them.

This way solved fixes the error message Install Failed: Download package Syslog failed and no available one in local share.

I hope it will help you too.
    Greets

• RadaSed
    First Anniversary
    Dear friends. Problem solved. NAS did not have the ability to connect to the Internet because the router did not allow it. Since the router had already remembered something, I changed it to a newer one. However, thank you all for your advice.

Consumer Product Help Center