PLA5256: Switch to other (5G) network?

Options
chasfh
chasfh Posts: 3  Freshman Member
edited December 2017 in Smart Home Product
I installed one powerline adapter on my PC, and connected it to my ASUS router. My router hosts two networks: a 2.4G, and a 5G (faster local network throughput). The PC is defaulting to connecting the adapter to my 2.4G network, but I would rather it connect to my 5G network. I looked around but can't figure out how to change that. Can anyone help?  Thank you.

Chuck

#PLA_December

All Replies

• chasfh
    edited December 2017
    Options
  • Old_Pop
    Old_Pop Posts: 4  Freshman Member
    Options
    I thought PLA5256 only uses Powerline and Ethernet connection. I don't think it uses wireless connection. From my understanding of Powerline, you connect one Powerline adapter to a router, then connect a second Powerline adapter to a device that needs Internet connection in another room. If you're talking about PLA5236 Wi-Fi extender, I think you connect the PLA5256 (regular Powerline adapter without the antenna) to the router, then plug the PLA5236 (the Wi-Fi extender Powerline adapter with antennas) to another location that you need better Wi-Fi signal.
  • chasfh
    edited December 2017
    Options
    The 5256 definitely uses only electrical powerline, and the ethernet connection on the receiving machine. But I plug the other powerline into a router that has two networks: a 2.4G, and a 5G. It is defaulting to delivering the signal only from the 2.4G. I'd like to know whether I can get it to port in the signal from the 5G network. Am I making sense? Am I properly communicating what I am trying to do?
  • Piper
    Piper Posts: 3  Freshman Member
    Options
    Are you far away from the wireless router? 5G wireless network are usually weaker than 2.4G wireless network. If you created two wireless network names for 2.4 and 5 G networks, you can try forgetting the 2.4G network on your PC and just connect only with the 5G network.

Consumer Product Help Center