Fritzbox switch to Multy X

Tauchloewe
Tauchloewe Posts: 15  Freshman Member
edited January 2018 in Multy WiFi System
Hi all, I am very happy with Multy, but for now it is only used in Bridge Mode behind a Fritzbox. I would like to switch this so that Multy will do the complete control but Fritzbox was set up long a go from a pro and has some Port / routing settings. Any one with some ideas what I need to take care of? 
thanks

#MultyX_January

Best Answers

• Dash
    Dash Posts: 65  Ally Member
    edited January 2018 Answer ✓
    My suggestion is to keep current network environment, Multy X as bridge mode.
    Fritzbox as main router to control advanced setting, Multy X is provided wireless signal for your client device. It would be better.

Because Multy X does not yet to support some advanced setting such as VLAN, Firewall Rule, Bandwidth Management ...
  • Dash
    Answer ✓
    -Fritzbox - Multy (WiFi) - switch for the connected devices
    -Fritzbox to Multy and Fritzbox also direct to switch
    It's not different. Because your Multy X is bridge mode, switch is connected to Multy X or Fritzbox, all devices still in the same network which control by Fritzbox.

All Replies

• Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 55  Ally Member
    > Fritzbox was set up long a go from a pro and has some Port / routing settings.
    Are you set up some advanced setting on your Fritzbox or it's default setting on your Fritzbox?
  • Tauchloewe
    good question. I got some fix IP Adressen for my NAS and Ports open. As I said... I am not that good with these things ;-( 

• Dash
    edited January 2018 Answer ✓
    My suggestion is to keep current network environment, Multy X as bridge mode.
    Fritzbox as main router to control advanced setting, Multy X is provided wireless signal for your client device. It would be better.

Because Multy X does not yet to support some advanced setting such as VLAN, Firewall Rule, Bandwidth Management ...
  • Tauchloewe
    Hi, ok, thanks for that open answer. Sad to hear as I want to use the device control etc 
    One lasat question: Whats better then, Fritzbox - Multy (WiFi) - switch for the connected devices or Fritzbox to Multy and Fritzbox also direct to switch?
    Thanks!
  • Dash
    Answer ✓
    -Fritzbox - Multy (WiFi) - switch for the connected devices
    -Fritzbox to Multy and Fritzbox also direct to switch
    It's not different. Because your Multy X is bridge mode, switch is connected to Multy X or Fritzbox, all devices still in the same network which control by Fritzbox.
  • Tauchloewe
    great, thought so but was not sure. Thanks!!

Consumer Product Help Center