NAS542 - Storage Manager hangs

Lintifax
Lintifax Posts: 3  Freshman Member
edited February 2018 in Personal Cloud Storage
I have a brand-new NAS542, newest firmware, with RAID10 (4 WD red, 4TB). The device now runs for 10 days and i have the problem, that the storage manager does not open any more in the webconfig (desktop). The loading-gif is all i see for hours. SInce the storage manager is the most crucial feature for configuration, this is an absolute no-go. please help :-(

#NAS_February

All Replies

• Ijnrsi
    Ijnrsi Posts: 254  Master Member
    Hi, 
    How about use incongnito windows with chrome and clear cookie?
    Only storage management page doesn't work or all desktop page?
  • Lintifax
    Hi, only the storage management hang. The rest of the webbased configuration utility works. I tried it with several browsers. Finally i did a remote reboot with the effect that the whole device was not responding any longer. So i had to return to my home to - tada - had to pull the plug cause the on/off button did not respond either!!!
  • Ijnrsi
    Ijnrsi Posts: 254  Master Member
    That is weird as only storage page hang, I think you can check the HDDs with some disk scan tool to check if there is the error in HDD.
    And you can do following steps to check device:
    1. Press power button with heard 2 beeps, then release to force shutdown the device.
    2. Remove HDD and power on
    3. Check storage management page works or not.
    4. If yes, might some thing wrong with HDD.
    5. If no, might config error, try reset the configuration back to default. Press hardware reset button till you heard 3 beeps and hold 5 sec to release, the device will reboot and reset the configuration.
  • Lintifax
    edited February 2018
    Thx for your quick reply - but of course i will not unmount the up&running raid-array for testing purposes. as i wrote before the buttons hang also - so it was (!) not possible to get a beep out of the device. the device is running now because i pulled the plug and rebooted the nas.

Consumer Product Help Center