Strange User accounts that cannot be edited or deleted

Options
simonjflim
simonjflim Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited March 2018 in Personal Cloud Storage
I am using a NAS542 and recently I've found two strange user accounts that I cannot edit nor delete.  One is named pc-guest and I have no option to delete the account and the other is a cloud user account with a long and strange username: zDuSYwefd8DQKxxxUPC9ufRQ.  Are both users account a system generated default account?  If not how can I delete the account?  Is my system being hacked? 

#NAS_March

Best Answers

• JockeSve
    JockeSve Posts: 80  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the 'PC-GUEST' is a system generated account and it can't be modified/deleted.
    I have the account on both of my ZyXEL NAS540 boxes. 

The other account is mofe strange and weird...
  • Ijnrsi
    Ijnrsi Posts: 254  Master Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The cloud account might you do the myzyxelcloud pair on your NAS540.
    The account is controling between Zyxel drive and your NAS540, so I think it should not possible to be removed, and if you don't want to see the account, then the only way is unpair myzyxelcloud usage. 

All Replies

• JockeSve
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the 'PC-GUEST' is a system generated account and it can't be modified/deleted.
    I have the account on both of my ZyXEL NAS540 boxes. 

The other account is mofe strange and weird...
  • Ijnrsi
    Ijnrsi Posts: 254  Master Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The cloud account might you do the myzyxelcloud pair on your NAS540.
    The account is controling between Zyxel drive and your NAS540, so I think it should not possible to be removed, and if you don't want to see the account, then the only way is unpair myzyxelcloud usage. 
  • simonjflim
    simonjflim Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Options
    Thank you for the comments, for the PC-Guest user account it was not there when I did the initial setup, it just happened to pop-up one day.   :/
  • JockeSve
    Options
    You see the "pc-guest" account in yhe manual "NAS540_V5.21 ed1.pdf", page 106:

Consumer Product Help Center