firmware upgrade procedure for VMG3925-B10B ?

fredfredfred3
fredfredfred3 Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited March 2018 in Smart Home Product
I cannot find any option in any menu to begin the firmware upgrade process.

Anyone on here know how to find it?

thnx :smile:

#CPE_March

Accepted Solution

• fredfredfred3
    Answer ✓
    the factory answer is wrong.

there are three ways i have discovered that allow you to update the firmware:
    1. using a serial programming cable, but you need to dismantle the unit to access the connector. then you must use telnet or equivalent software to send DOS instructions
    2. using FTP with your user name and password. but this method is a little cumbersome. you use the .ROM file.
    3. with a new user id. create a new user. log in as the new user and the menus all magically appear. then you can follow the 'factory method' which is otherwise hidden. You use the .BIN file. wait a long time while it reboots. then you are ready to go. the TR69 access can also be disabled there.

All Replies

• Rory
    Rory Posts: 120  Ally Member

You can refer VMG3925-B10B User's Guide as below:

• AAAAL
    AAAAL Posts: 125  Ally Member
    edited March 2018

Hi fredfredfred3,

The fw version of my device is 5.13(AAF.10)C0 and I can find fw update page (Maintenance -> Firmware Upgrade). Which fw version you used ? 

• fredfredfred3
    Answer ✓
    the factory answer is wrong.

there are three ways i have discovered that allow you to update the firmware:
    1. using a serial programming cable, but you need to dismantle the unit to access the connector. then you must use telnet or equivalent software to send DOS instructions
    2. using FTP with your user name and password. but this method is a little cumbersome. you use the .ROM file.
    3. with a new user id. create a new user. log in as the new user and the menus all magically appear. then you can follow the 'factory method' which is otherwise hidden. You use the .BIN file. wait a long time while it reboots. then you are ready to go. the TR69 access can also be disabled there.
  • Rory
    Rory Posts: 120  Ally Member
    fredfredfred3 

What's your FW version?

Consumer Product Help Center