VMG8324-B10A : Unable to access

Options
Debunk
Debunk Posts: 3  Freshman Member
edited April 2018 in Smart Home Product
Ola!

I am unable to connect to the router's login page on 192.168.1.1 from three PCs on my cabled home network, using any browser. I have unplugged the router and left it unpowered while I walked the dog. Twice. I have run network diagnostics on both PCs. I have reinstalled Windows 10 on one PC. I have tried connecting to the router's login page via WIFI from an android phone. I do not use VPN or connect via a proxy and there are no AV or firewall issues. The internet connection is unaffected, speedy and problem-free, as are connections between android devices using WIFI and between PCs via Ethernet. The router's blue login screen simply fails to display.

The dog's happy and slimmer. I'm neither but thanks to the new sugar-tax, there's still some hope.

I'd prefer not having to initiate the nuclear option of a factory reset and re-enter all the details/settings. Any suggestions?

Thanks, in advance x

#CPE_April

All Replies

• YeK
    YeK Posts: 150  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

Hi Debunk,

Here are some items that you can check on your side.

1. To check your IP of lan clients. Is it get IP automatically from your VMG8324-B10A or configured IP by yourself?

2. Does the issue happen on all lan port? You can try to connect to LAN1~LAN4 and then check if the issue still happen.

3. Do you have IPTV services from your ISP? Which fw of this device? 

• Debunk
    Options
    Thanks for the response. To answer...

1 : LAN IP is auto-configured by router.
    2 : Yes. I have three PCs cabled to the router and cannot access the router's configuration page from any. Switching one PC from LAN 1 to LAN 4 made no difference.
    3 : No. I do not have IPTV.

I have tried everything I can think of. Tech Support from my ISP only suggested binning the router entirely and replacing it but it's obviously working fine but for the login issue... if only I could log onto it and get access to the configuration settings, I'd be a happy bunny.
  • YeK
    YeK Posts: 150  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options
    Hi,

Can you please share fw version on your device? or share your ISP name?
    Does it happens with Win7/Win10 PCs?  You might reboot device or clear browser history to check if your problem can be solved.  
  • Debunk
    Options
    Ola!

I can't access the router to give you the firmware version, I'm afraid... and I'm not sure what my ISP has to do with it tbh.

I have three cabled PCs - one running Windows 7 and the other two running Windows 10. Of the two Win10 PCs, I reinstalled the OS completely after the router problem began. I cannot access the router from any PC... or from two android devices connected via WIFI.

I've tried rebooting the router multiple times and have tried multiple browsers on all three machines, as well as fully clearing browser histories.

I'm going to give it one more week before factory-resetting and if that doesn't work I'll replace the Zyxel for one from a more reliable manufacturer.
  • Zyxel_Support_CPE
    Zyxel_Support_CPE Posts: 188  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Debunk,

In order to provide you with a better assistance, we contacted you through private message to get more information, please check your message box.

Consumer Product Help Center