[nas542] .thumb folder stop creation

Options
lborduca80_
lborduca80_ Posts: 4  Freshman Member
edited May 2018 in Personal Cloud Storage
Good morning, I recently bought nas542. I have the problem of the continuous generation of the .thumb folders, I would like to avoid. I have disabled the thumbnail creation feature for media files from myZyXELcloud but I have not fixed the problem. I tried to remove the .thumbs directories from windows 10 but not solve the problen, it seems that the nas recreate them. Can you help me?
Regards.

#NAS_May

All Replies

• Ijnrsi
    Ijnrsi Posts: 254  Master Member
    Options
    @lborduca80_
    Here you can refer the link below for disable myzyxelcloud thumbnail, then NAS542 will stop to create .thumb files and you can delete it.
    https://homeforum.zyxel.com/discussion/comment/2046#Comment_2046
  • lborduca80_
    Options
    Hello, as I have already written, I had already done to disable the generation of .thumb folders but I notice that in the subdirectories these folders automatically regenerate a few seconds after I have removed them. Do you have any other suggestions about it?
  • lborduca80_
    Options

• Ijnrsi
    Ijnrsi Posts: 254  Master Member
    Options
    Hi, that is weird..., I disable it in my NAS and delete the .thumb folder, but the folder would not be generate again.
    You can through telnet with command " ps | grep zyxel" to check if the daemon is disable or not.
    Here is screenshot for you.
    Enable: 

Disable:

• lborduca80_
    Options

Hello, I did some tests and I saw that apply "disabled the thumbnail creation feature for media files", restarting the nas542 and removing the .thumb directories directly from the terminal (shell) solves the problem. I hope it can help the community. Thank you  for support.

Consumer Product Help Center