Upgrade to 5.13 from 5.11 VMG1312-B10D

Options
Speed59
Speed59 Posts: 5  Freshman Member
edited February 2018 in Smart Home Product

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade from 5.11 to 5.13 and all that occurs is the router rebooting but no upgrade.  When I try again, a message pops up saying illegal Image and then seems to disconnect the router from the internet, leaving only the Power LED green.  I then have to force a reboot.

Any help would be appreciated

#CPE_February

All Replies

• Ansa
    Ansa Posts: 44  Freshman Member
    Options
    Can you share both full file name of the firmware version? If you saw "illegal Image", you might use different firmware version. For example, the firmware I can see on ZyXEL website is 5.13(AAXA.7)C0. Maybe you had different one?
  • Speed59
    Options

Hi,

just saw this now. the image i had/have is from Zyxel's website.  There is a 5.11(AAXA.4)C0.zip file as well as 5.13(AAXA.7)C0.zip.  I am currently on 5.11(AAXA.3)C0 so it's possible I have to upgrade in steps instead of the big jump.

I'll testing this out tonight

• AAAAL
    AAAAL Posts: 125  Ally Member
    Options

Hi Speed59,

I can upgrade FW from 5.11(AAXA.4)C0 to 5.13(AAXA.7)C0 via GUI Firmware Upgrade page without problem. Below is the screenshot from my VMG1312-B10D. Is this the same with yours ? After I click the upload button, VMG will start firmware upgrade process and auto reboot. I successfully upgrade firmware without problem, could you share your fail screenshot for us ?

• Speed59
    edited May 2018
    Options

Hi,

AS you can  see from my screenshot, my current version  is V5.11(AAZX.3)C0 so I'm wondering if 5.11(AAXA.4)C0 to 5.13(AAXA.7)C0 will even work due to the difference in the lettering of the FW versions.  When I do try to upload the *.bin file, I get an error regarding an  "Illegal image" then the router reboots but doesn't come back fully to where I then have to turn off/on. 

• Zyxel_Support_CPE
    Zyxel_Support_CPE Posts: 188  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary
    Options

Hi Speed59,

V5.11(AAZX.3)C0 is a customized version for your service provider so it’s impossible to upgrade to AAXA version on your device. If you need newer version, please find customer support contact information of your ISP and they’ll be happy to help.

Consumer Product Help Center