NWA1123-AC HD - unable to access after any changes

Options
wmike
wmike Posts: 1  Freshman Member
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
NWA1123-AC HD PRO - trying to set this up.  I am connected to my home network - making a few settings before setting up at work.  If I try to change the basic ssid password - it is then impossible to connect to via wi fi.  In fact the router is then impossible to connect to - period - even via a direct cable connection.

I was able to connect via 192.168.1.118 - any changes breaks this connection.  

I have only just received this product and have had to reset it multiples times.  Certainly not instilling too much confidence in using this in a work environment.

A single step away from returning this and looking for something a little less problematic.

Any suggestions anyone, please?

Comments

• Hedy
    Hedy Posts: 7  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options
    It is weird that wifi will be down after changing the ssid password. Any special character in your ssid password? You also mentioned "any changes breaks this connection". What's the change?
  • Winnie
    Winnie Posts: 30  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    @wmike

I also have one NWA1123-AC HD in my office, but it works find.
    Do you confirm the Ethernet traffic? If the Ethernet traffic has problem, the wireless traffic will also has problem even you reset AP many times.  

• Zyxel_Kathy
    Zyxel_Kathy Posts: 76  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Options
    Hi @wmike ,

Changing the SSID and password would not cause the Ethernet interface connection loss unless you change the managed VLAN ID or IP. 
    I test the AP with your description, like change SSID and password, set the AP's IP to 192.168.1.118 or let AP be a DHCP client. There is problem for stations connecting the Wi-Fi.
    As I know, some Apple devices have wireless connection failed after the password change. It needs to reset the network profile to solve the issue.

To help you solve the question, could you provide the configuration or screenshot the setting before you apply the configuration? I want to know what kinds of setting you change?

Kathy