Zyxel Multy X wireless not working like it should

snakzz
snakzz Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited June 2018 in Multy WiFi System
Hey,

I have had the Zyxel Multy X for 4-5 months now and I have big problems with the wifi to external units.

My Multy X main device gets full speed from the internett 500 MB/s and the second satellite get over 400MB/s. The backhaul connection between them is also always around 400-500.

When I connect by cable to any of the devices I get speeds close too 500 to.

But when using the wifi to external units, pc, ipads, cellphones and other stuff I only get speed around 300-400 1-2 times a day. Most of the time I sadly get around 20-50 and thats not acceptable.

When I get these wireless speeds I have always try to connect to the device by cable to see if there is something wrong with the ISP and also run the test on the app, but the ISP is 99-100% stable all the time.

The problem only occours on devices that is connected to the wifi. I have tried to stand 1 meter away from the main satelite and further distances, all shit speed.

I have troubleshooted for days now and is about to throw the shit in the trash and buy an Netgear Orbi Home Router and hope for better performances.

*edit
I have also tried rebot and resets, no better performance.

#MultyX_June

Comments

• Zyxel_Steven
    Zyxel_Steven Posts: 246  Zyxel Employee
    In order to provide you with a better assistance, we have contacted you via private message. Please kindly check your message box.
  • snakzz
    snakzz Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Done :)
  • Tobamory
    Tobamory Posts: 1  Freshman Member
    Did you sort this I find that both my phone and iPad only get 25mb the sped tests show full speed and routers tests backhaul etc show the same full speed , what’s going on with iPads and iPhones, if I reboot them all I get it for a while then it bogs down

thanks 
  • Hanamichi
    Hanamichi Posts: 125  Ally Member
    Hi Tobamory,
    Please make sure your phone and iPad are connected to 5GHz for better performance.
    You can open Multy App and go to "Parental Control", tap that device to know which band is connected.

• Simoni
    Simoni Posts: 9  Freshman Member
    I've found the same on 2.4ghz, but 5 GHz almost gives full speed. Unfortunately Android phones no longer allow you to choose the band. This means the only way round it is to split the network. 

Consumer Product Help Center