Multy X logs

odifoke
odifoke Posts: 29  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments
edited June 2018 in Multy WiFi System
I have a Zyxel VMG router which send logs to a log server. I can see everything it does. I understand when there are problems.

Multy just has the phone app, which tells me nothing. When wifi stops, I want to know why but I cannot. Send feedback in app - never a response.

I have 3x Multy. How do I access logs, please: TCP, UDP, or SSH + cat?

#MultyX_June

All Replies

• Zyxel_Steven
    Zyxel_Steven Posts: 246  Zyxel Employee
    In order to provide you with a better assistance, we have contacted you via private message. Please kindly check your message box.
  • Freddyg
    Freddyg Posts: 17  Freshman Member
    @odifoke Did you receive an answer to this?  I really don't like having to manage my network using an app on my phone.
  • odifoke
    @Freddyg the suggestion was to use the 'Send feedback' option in the app. It attaches a zipped log file to the email. You then send this file to yourself and read it.

Would have preferred live log access.
  • odifoke
    Actually the Feedback logs are useless. See attached.

@Zyxel_Steven my question is unanswered. I would still like the logs, please.

Feedback logs:

• Zyxel_Steven
    edited January 2019
    @odifoke,

Due to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the log of "Send Feedback" is encryption file and it is only used for ZYXEL debugging.
  • odifoke
    Thanks @Zyxel_Steven , how can I access my own Multy logs please. If I enable SSH, can I access the file system and logs that way?
  • Zyxel_Steven
    @odifoke,

Due to security reason, we cannot provide SSH login password to you. If you want to check debug log, please use "Send Feedback" to contact us. We will unzip the file and mail it to you. Thank for the understanding.
  • chip
    chip Posts: 14  Freshman Member
    edited February 2019
    Well, just upgraded my Multy to the firmware just released moments ago, and now the phone app will not load up (always says "please connect to the internet" . .and I'm on the Multy's wifi as I post this).. you might want to reconsider allowing us access to our logs. I can't even "Send feedback" to send you the log because the app isn't loading. I've already power cycled my devices and no change. 

Edit: a day later and without doing anything else, i can now open the app. 

• odifoke
    @Zyxel_Steven I cannot have SSH access to my own equipment that I have paid for?

Please answer straight - is there a common root password or key that you have to SSH to all Multy X?
  • Zyxel_Steven
    edited April 2019
    @odifoke,

SSH is only for ZYXEL R&D debugging and we wouldn't disclose the password.
    Please refer to below KB link.
    https://kb.zyxel.com/KB/searchArticle!gwsViewDetail.action?articleOid=016842&lang=EN

Consumer Product Help Center