New firmware for Multy X

Lomprayah
Lomprayah Posts: 24  Freshman Member
First Anniversary
edited July 2018 in Multy WiFi System
HI

I see there is a new firmware for Multy X, were are the release notes?

Anders

#MultyX_July

Accepted Solution

• MIBSWE
    MIBSWE Posts: 33  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Answer ✓
    They’ve done this twice now. The difference I have seen is that the backhaul is much faster than before between my Zyxel routers.

All Replies

• MIBSWE
    Answer ✓
    They’ve done this twice now. The difference I have seen is that the backhaul is much faster than before between my Zyxel routers.
  • Lomprayah
    First Anniversary
    Hi

Yes have noticed that also, before i had perfect distance, after the last updates i need to move the routers further away from each other.
  • Zyxel_Kelly
    Zyxel_Kelly Posts: 40  Freshman Member
    Hi @Lomprayah

Glad to see you on forum again!  B) 
    You can find the release note from FTP of Zyxel as below:
    ftp://ftp.zyxel.com/Multy_X_(WSQ50)/firmware/V2.00(ABKJ.4)C0.pdf
  • MIBSWE
    edited July 2018
    Hi @Zyxel_Kelly. Thanks for the link. It would be great if a link can be put on here on the same day when new firmware is released.

Anyway, the firmware notes states that it fixed just one issue. But, in a good way, it has greatly increased the back channel speed between the two routers. Were there other underlying fixes made as well?
  • Lomprayah
    First Anniversary
    Hi @Zyxel_Kelly

Always lurking around on the forum, the Multy X is performing excellent, and as MIBSWE mentioned the  you have  somehow increased the back channel speed between the two routers, very good to improve something that was excellent even before.
  • MIBSWE
    My back channel speeds were averaging around 120 to 140mbp/s and now it’s above 400! So, I’m happy if those numbers are real.:)
  • Steviewevie
    Steviewevie Posts: 10  Freshman Member
    edited July 2018
    Further to the new version yesterday, it looks like there's another update today? My app is telling me that V2.00(ABKJ.2)C0 is available for download. Yesterday's was V2.00(ABKJ.4)C0. I'm a bit disconcerted by the seemingly smaller number in today's version (.2 as opposed to .4 yesterday), and the fact that the .2 looks like an older release from 23 April 2018.

So has the .4 update been pulled and I should apply the .2 update again?

• Freddyg
    Freddyg Posts: 17  Freshman Member
    edited July 2018
    I've just checked mine - I already have V2.00(ABKJ.4)C0 installed.  I too have received notification that V2.00(ABKJ.2)C0 is available.  Is this a downgrade?  If so, what is wrong with the .4 version?

Current config:

Notification:

• Zyxel_Steven
    Zyxel_Steven Posts: 246  Zyxel Employee
    Dear All,
    Currently, the latest available firmware is V2.00(ABKJ.2)C0.
    FW: V2.00(ABKJ.4)C0 has Guest WiFi issue, we're fixing it. And we will plan to release new firmware around the middle of this month.
  • Steviewevie
    Steviewevie Posts: 10  Freshman Member
    Thanks for the response. I think I'll stick with the pulled ABKJ.4 release then, because I don't use the Guest Wifi feature.

Consumer Product Help Center