Multy 2.4Ghz WiFi channel

Simoni
Simoni Posts: 9  Freshman Member
edited August 2018 in Multy WiFi System
Is there any way to control the WiFi channels that Multy uses? I'm getting poor WiFi speed when right in front of the primary Multy box. 

When I diagnose the box is getting 135mb consistently but I'm lucky to get 18mb on my phone doing the built in speed test and sometimes as low as 5mb which suggests interference. If I look at WiFi analyser the Multy is using the most crowded channel (4), but channels higher up are relatively clear.

#MultyX_Aug

Comments

• ENDLESS
    ENDLESS Posts: 56  Ally Member
    Do you mean: Internet<->1st node is getting 135mb, but your mobile phone only got 18mb? Using other client devices are still the same problem?
    Please make sure your mobile phone is connected to 2.4GHz or 5GHz. Do you try to reboot your Multy X to check channel again?
  • Simoni
    Simoni Posts: 9  Freshman Member
    Interesting results, yes it's the primary Multy. If I get the phone to connect on 5g the speed test goes off the scale to pretty much max. If I go back to 2.4g 20mb appears to be the max. I've rebooted the box and we're now on Channel 7 but no improvement. If I was selecting the channel I'd go for 10,11,12 or 13 as the most clear channels. Don't really want to split the channels but looks like that might be an option.
  • Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 55  Ally Member
    According to my concept, channel selection does not just check overlapping channels are crowded, it also need to consider some factors such as channel power to select the best channel. Channel 11,12 and 13, it's on the edge of 2.4G channel, power is low. It may not the best channel.

Consumer Product Help Center