Coverage Zyxel Armor Z2

Solar
Solar Posts: 9  Freshman Member
edited November 2018 in Personal Cloud Storage
The problem with network coverage. The Zyxel router has the same coverage and is even worse than the old Asus router. At the same time having a much more powerful antennas.
I checked all the settings of the router, there are no serious obstacles in the way of the signal.
For nadladnosti attached photo coverage network.
Explanations: Zyxel router works in SkyNet 2.4 mode and SkyNet 5 / Old router has Asus Guest coverage / measurements took place at a distance of 3 meters to the equipment

PS I understand that when setting Asus to 40 Mhz, the width of the channel will increase, but Armor z2 has much more powerful antennas.
#Router_Nov_2018

Accepted Solution

• ENDLESS
    ENDLESS Posts: 56  Ally Member
    edited November 2018 Answer ✓
    2.4 GHz Wireless Speed on ZYXEL Z2: 800 Mbps
    2.4 GHz Wireless Speed on ASUS RT-N12: 300 Mbps
    If you want to compare two routers, it should use the same condition (2.4 GHz with 20 Mhz).
    In the same condition, Z2 wireless speed should be better than RT-N12, but the coverage of 2.4 GHz may be similar.

Generally, 2.4 GHz will have the better coverage in your house than 5 GHz.
    And bonding to 40 Mhz will have reduced coverage compared to 20 Mhz Channel.

Below are some different between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
    2.4 GHz:
    Cons - Lower data rate, more susceptible to interference.
    Pros - Larger coverage area, better at successfully penetrating solid objects.
    5 GHz:
    Cons - Smaller coverage area, less successful at penetrating solid objects.
    Pros - Higher data rate, less susceptible to interference.

So, if you want to increase the coverage in your house.
    You may need to add the Extender/AP/... or use WiFi System to reach your expectation.

All Replies

• Solar
    The problem with network coverage. 
    The Zyxel router has the same coverage and is even worse than the old Asus router. At the same time having a much more powerful antennas. I checked all the settings of the router, there are no serious obstacles
    in the way of the signal. For nadladnosti attached photo coverage network. Explanations: Zyxel router works in SkyNet 2.4 mode and SkyNet 5 /
    Old router has Asus Guest coverage /
    measurements took place at a distance of 3 meters to the equipment PS I understand that when setting Asus to 40 Mhz,
    the width of the channel will increase,
    but Armor z2 has much more powerful antennas.

• ENDLESS
    Can you describe more clear about your problem?

Can you share the model name of ASUS router?
    What is the distance between ZYXEL Z2 and your MacBook?
    What is the distance between ASUS router and your MacBook?
  • Solar

My problem is very simple - I expected a more powerful coverage and signal level from the Armor Z2 router. In the end, I put a old router which at 2,4 Ghz shows the same results with Z2.
    I want to clirify if there is any hidden problem? why signal 5 Ghz Armor Z2 is lost at a distance of 5 meters having only a wall of abstacle?

In another hand I wait a strong signal in my house (70 m) spend money and now cant understand how 4 antenas ( give this result????

- old router Asus RT-N12
    - distance 2-4 m
    - distance 2-4 m

• ENDLESS
    edited November 2018 Answer ✓
    2.4 GHz Wireless Speed on ZYXEL Z2: 800 Mbps
    2.4 GHz Wireless Speed on ASUS RT-N12: 300 Mbps
    If you want to compare two routers, it should use the same condition (2.4 GHz with 20 Mhz).
    In the same condition, Z2 wireless speed should be better than RT-N12, but the coverage of 2.4 GHz may be similar.

Generally, 2.4 GHz will have the better coverage in your house than 5 GHz.
    And bonding to 40 Mhz will have reduced coverage compared to 20 Mhz Channel.

Below are some different between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
    2.4 GHz:
    Cons - Lower data rate, more susceptible to interference.
    Pros - Larger coverage area, better at successfully penetrating solid objects.
    5 GHz:
    Cons - Smaller coverage area, less successful at penetrating solid objects.
    Pros - Higher data rate, less susceptible to interference.

So, if you want to increase the coverage in your house.
    You may need to add the Extender/AP/... or use WiFi System to reach your expectation.

Consumer Product Help Center