Zyxel Multy X connection to the Modem

Bence
Bence Posts: 5  Freshman Member
edited November 2018 in Multy WiFi System
The Zyxel Multy X will it work, if the both router connect with UTP cable to the Modem? This is not problem? Or I just need to connect 1 router?

#MultyX_Nov_2018

Accepted Solution

• Hanamichi
    Hanamichi Posts: 125  Ally Member
    Answer ✓
    I mean connect the 2 router to the Modem 2 LAN Port. 
    -> 2 routers are 2 Multy X units? It's not very clear about your description.

Can you share what kind topology you want?
    And do you want that two Multy X nodes are connected via Ethernet cable directly, not use wireless dedicated backhaul?

All Replies

• Hanamichi
    edited November 2018
    What do you mena "if the both router connect with UTP cable to the Modem"?
    Can you explain more detail?

Multy X can connect the Modem or the Router.
    .Internet---Modem<LAN Port>---<WAN Port>1st Multy X node)))<WLAN>(((2nd Multy node
    .Internet---Modem<LAN Port>---<WAN Port>Router<LAN Port>---<WAN Port>1st Multy X node)))<WLAN>(((2nd Multy node
  • Bence
    I read a lot and saw lot of videos about how to connect 2 or 3 router. They turn off the DHCP server and change the IP Adress. If I know well, the LAN Ports on the modem are the natural connections and WAN port is the internet connection and WLAN is the same as LAN on WIFI.

I mean connect the 2 router to the Modem 2 LAN Port. And after that I connect to the 2 WAN port on the routers. Will it work?

I'm afraid about the second router will be slow if it only connect on WLAN.
  • Hanamichi
    Answer ✓
    I mean connect the 2 router to the Modem 2 LAN Port. 
    -> 2 routers are 2 Multy X units? It's not very clear about your description.

And do you want that two Multy X nodes are connected via Ethernet cable directly, not use wireless dedicated backhaul?
  • Bence

Yes, i don't want to use wireless dedicated backhaul.
  • Hanamichi
    edited November 2018
    Multy X seems not ready to support Ethernet backhaul.
    Please refer to:
    https://homeforum.zyxel.com/discussion/comment/3583#Comment_3583

BTW, Multy X has wireless dedicated backhaul.
    Just reminder, Multy X is the "WiFi" System.

I mean connect the 2 router to the Modem 2 LAN Port. And after that I connect to the 2 WAN port on the routers. Will it work?
    Do you mean:

If yes, you need to create two Multy X WiFi System, they are both as root node.

Consumer Product Help Center