One laptop not working with Multy WiFi, other devices OK

DMacD
DMacD Posts: 3  Freshman Member
edited December 2018 in Multy WiFi System
I have recently installed two Zyxel Multy devices. WiFi seems fine. I have 3 Mac laptops, 3 iPhones, an iPad, an Apple TV and wireless speakers on the WiFI network. 

However, one laptop does play nicely with my new mesh WiFi. I can't think why it is different from the other two. Some websites are slow to load. Sometimes I can't contact my IMAP mail host. The problems disappear when I switch to use a different WiFi network. Any ideas? Or any ideas how I can go about diagnosing where the problem might be?

All laptops on macOS 10.14.1. DNS settings are the same on each laptop.

Using Multy firmware V2.10(ABKJ.4)C0.

#MultyX_Dec_2018

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• Hanamichi
    Hanamichi Posts: 125  Ally Member
    edited December 2018
    So, your problem is happened on two Mac laptops, other devices was fine. Am I right?
    Can you provide the model name of three Mac laptops and which two Mac laptops has the problem?

Please share more information as below:
    - What is your network topology?
    - What is WAN type (DHCP/PPPoE/Static IP) of Mutly X?
    - Can you provide/explain more details about "Some websites are slow to load."?
    - Which IMAP mail host you used? Are you not able to receive/send mail? 
    - When the problem occurred, do you try to re-connect WiFi? And do you know your Mac laptop is connected to 2.4GHz or 5GHz?
  • DMacD
    DMacD Posts: 3  Freshman Member
    So, your problem is happened on two Mac laptops, other devices was fine. Am I right?

No. Only one Mac has the problem. The other two work fine with Multy WiFi.

Can you provide the model name of three Mac laptops and which two Mac laptops has the problem?

1 MacBook Air and 1 MacBook Pro work fine.

1 MacBook Pro, 2018 model, doesn't. I don't know, at present, of any difference in network configuration or firewall settings with this device, but I suspect something minor but important is different. Some subtle difference.

All Macs are running under macOS 10.14.2.

Please share more information as below:

- What is your network topology?

One Multy connected normally to main router/modem via Ethernet. The second was added normally wirelessly. 

- What is WAN type (DHCP/PPPoE/Static IP) of Mutly X?

DCHP. No customised settings.

- Can you provide/explain more details about "Some websites are slow to load."?

On the problem laptop some sites, e.g. even popular ones such as BBC News, won't load at all or are slow to do so. These same sites will load instantly if I choose an alternative WiFi network (not Multy). Note: even with the problem laptop, some sites load normally when using Multy WiFi. Hard to determine what is going wrong.

- Which IMAP mail host you used? Are you not able to receive/send mail? 

The mail host is one I have used for years at work. It works fine using the other laptops. Outbound (IMAP) won't work. Inbound (SMTP) sometimes works, but mostly doesn't. The problem happens only when using the Multy WiFi, otherwise email is fine. When at work, using another WiFi network, email works just fine, as it has for years. 

- When the problem occurred, do you try to re-connect WiFi? And do you know your Mac laptop is connected to 2.4GHz or 5GHz?

There is no need to reconnect because I never lose the Multy WiFi signal, which is strong. Using 5 GHz band. I can make the problem happen simply by selecting the Multy WiFi and make it disappear by selecting another WiFi. 

The problem laptop is somehow different from the two that work with Multy properly. I just don't know why.
  • Hanamichi
    Hanamichi Posts: 125  Ally Member
    edited December 2018
     :) 

Consumer Product Help Center