Problems with media server on VMG8825-B50B

Tremors
Tremors Posts: 7  Freshman Member
edited January 2019 in Smart Home Product
On this router I connect a USB HDD with many media files (music, videos, pictures) and I'm currently sharing the folders without issues through the USB file sharing settings. I can see folders and all files as smb:\\ path on several devices within the network (i.e. Kodi on my TV Box).
If I activate the Media Server feature on the router, I can see it as available library on Windows Media Player, but the files that I can play are just the ones contained on the root path. All the mp3s divided and ordered by different folders per genre and artist are invisible. The same happens when I access the media server on a network player.
Is anyone experiencing the same? How to fix this?

#CPE_Jan_2019

Comments

• AAAAL
    AAAAL Posts: 125  Ally Member
    edited January 2019
    Hi Tremors,

What’s your VMG8825 firmware version?
    Have you checked the Media Library Path? You may need to enter the current path for access.

• Tremors
    Hi AAAAL.
    The firmware is V5.13(ABLZ.0)b10_20180319.
    I cannot change the path but the Media Server is visible on the WIndows Player, also the files on the root folder are visible anyway. I don't understand why the files included in the inner folders are not available (music, videos, etc.)

• AAAAL

Hi Tremors,

Have you tried to add a path on your Windows Media Player?
    If we create a library location in server side, those videos can be played or not?
  • Tremors
    I tried to add the path to my music on the external hdd, but I get the following message:
    "The path has been added to the library, but it cannot be shared."
  • AAAAL

Hi Tremors,

Is this a single case on your HDD? What’s the result with the other USB shared?

• Marco74
    Marco74 Posts: 2  Freshman Member

Hi Tremors, i've the same problem. Did you resolved it?

Consumer Product Help Center