Multy X - Devices connected but not showing on list?

Jasonc
Jasonc Posts: 6  Freshman Member
edited August 2019 in Multy WiFi System
Hi,

we have an xbox one that connected to the WiFi but showing as disconnected and a PS4 that is connected but not showing on the list as ever connected at all??

please can someone advise as I really want to be able to control these 2 devices for access time once the summer hols are over!!

many thanks,

Jason

#MultyX_Aug_2019

All Replies

• Jasonc
    Hi again, maybe I should have said that the above is when looking at / for devises connected to the home network under the parental control tab??
    everything else in the house that is connected or that does is showing correctly??
    Any ideas anyone??
    thanks again.

Jason
  • Jasonc
    Hi,

Anyone any ideas why this is happening??

Thanks,

Jason.
  • YeK
    YeK Posts: 150  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Hi,
    Which model and firmware version you are asking?
  • Hanamichi
    Hanamichi Posts: 125  Ally Member
    edited August 2019
    Can you share your network topology?
    And what is the firmware/App version of your Multy device?

Xbox One and PS4 is connected to Mutly deivce, but not shown on device list?
    Does it set as static/reserved IP?
  • Jasonc
    Hi both, it’s the latest version of the app and firmware, I’ve only just set the Multy X’s up - I have 2, the first connected via Ethernet to my Virgin Superhub 3.

All other kit that is connected either wired or wireless is showing, so I’m confused as to why the PS4 doesn’t show up in the list of devices at all??

Thanks,

Jason
  • Jasonc
    This is the app and firmware I’m using - 

• Pixel
    Pixel Posts: 17  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary
    edited August 2019
    Can you see some of the devices showed this " * " on device list? Or there are two devices have the same name?
    Some of the devices may not show a correct device name on Multy App.
    You can check the mac address on those " * " or sharing identical name devices,  and if it matches the mac address of your devices, you can modify the name on Multy App.
  • Jasonc
    Hi,

the Xbox shows as Xbox One, but says not connected even though it is.

the PS4 does not show at all but is also connected?

any showing as ‘*’ I have already blocked to see what they were, so it’s none of those?

could the PS4 still be connecting directly to the Virgin Superhub 3 or is that units WiFi no longer transmitting an internet signal?

Thanks,

Jason 
  • Pixel
    Pixel Posts: 17  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary
    edited August 2019
    What's your Network topology? 
    Did your PS4 and Xbox able to access the internet?
    Do you have another device which connected to the Multy, can they access the internet?

You can run the network diagnose on the PS4 and Xbox, make sure they are connected to the Multy's wifi, not the Virgin Superhub 3.
    Or you can download an App called "Fing", it can detect the devices which are on the same LAN/WiFi side. 

Consumer Product Help Center