Does Multi X work well with symmetrical 1000 Mbps connections?

j1simon
j1simon Posts: 3  Freshman Member
edited November 2019 in Multy WiFi System
I'm currently using a mesh wifi system very similar in hardware level to Multi X but with which I'm having speed problems.
My ISP recently upgraded my connection speed from 500 to 1000 Mbps symmetrical and that's where my problems started.
The speed test integrated in the router's web interface shows speeds close to the one contracted. However, if I run the speed test on my computer (connected by cable to the router) it always gives values around 400-500 Mbps. 50% or less of the contracted speed! :s
I suspect the problem is a deficient QoS, integrated into the router firmware, which cannot be disabled or configured by the user. :/
I explain all this because if the manufacturer of my router does not solve this problem before this Black Friday, I'm thinking of replacing it with a Multi X. I need to know the experiences, opinions and problems of Multi X users to decide whether or not to buy it.
Thank you. Greetings.

#MultyX_Nov_2019

All Replies

• j1simon
    j1simon Posts: 3  Freshman Member
    Another 2 questions:
    1. Is it possible to control Multy X from a web interface with advanced options? Generally mobile applications to control mesh systems are basic.
    2. Does it allow you to change the wifi channel to select the least saturated one? I know that it usually works with "Auto" and supposedly the router selects the best channel but this is not always the case.

• Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    edited November 2019
    Dear Sir,
    Multy X is able to support 1G throughput from the ISP.
    FYI,
    1. Multy X only supports App management.
    2. Multy X will detect the environment and select the best channel when it boots up, so Multy only supports auto channel select.

For more Multy X information, please refer to the FAQ of Multy X:
    https://homeforum.zyxel.com/categories/faq-multy
    We also provide a security solution for the Multy X users, it's AiShield.
    You can get a 30-day free trial of AiShield for your first try, it will provide extra protection on your Network.
    For more information of AiShield, please visit Here.
  • Is it possible to control Multy X from a web interface with advanced options? Generally mobile applications to control mesh systems are basic.

that is my question too

• Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    edited November 2019
    Hi @freddrichsigh
    Multy X will require a smartphone to install the Multy system and manage it with Multy App. 
    Please refer to the FAQ:https://homeforum.zyxel.com/discussion/154/does-multy-x-have-a-web-interface-for-configuration#latest

Consumer Product Help Center