Nas540 recovery corrupted or encrypted folders?

Whaxnalle
Whaxnalle Posts: 8  Freshman Member
edited January 2020 in Personal Cloud Storage
Hi,
I have problems with recovery of two folders on a nas540. I have connected all 3 drives to a computer and mounted the raid 0 drives in Ubuntu. I hade no problem accessing all other folders but 2 on this raid. Two folders have changed and became files with same name as the folders did have on my nas (root folders). Can someone help me? is the folders corrupted or is there something else? Those two folders also hade user and password protection (I created users one withe access to one folder and one with access to the other) , can that make them encrypted? 

#NAS_Jan_2020

All Replies

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 213  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hello @Whaxnalle,

I guess you did not actively encrypt your data.

You need to make sure that the actual RAID partition is mounted! Your data is split between the drives (RAID 0). You maybe need to get familiar with the linux program mdadm to properly mount the RAID partition.

So the NAS is defect, or the drives are not recognized anymore?
    Greetings
  • Whaxnalle
    No I have not actively encrypted the data. So if I understand correct the accounts you create does not encypte the data?

Yes I have mounted the disk with mdadm. The disk did have 3 partitions I did combine the three biggest and mounted those into one drive. 

Yes the nas is defect, when I start the nas it only light up the power on led. Disk led does not light up. And the nas is freezing, to shut it down I need to remove power cord. 
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,598  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Two folders have changed and became files with same name as the folders did have on my nas (root folders)

What kind of files? What size. What does

file /path/to/file

say?

• Whaxnalle
    Windows ico file.
    When doing file it only say that it is a windows ico file. 
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,598  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    If 'file' says it's an ico file, and the size is reasonable, the file itself has nothing to do with your share. AFAIK the NAS itself doesn't generate ico files, so it's put there by your clients. I think you'll have to search the share elsewhere. Unknown names, inside other folders?
  • Whaxnalle
    edited January 2020
    Okey, but I know that those two folders are so pose to be in the root. Before I shut down the nas they where there in the root. But now there are two files withe the same name as the folders. I have tried to search for the folders but don't get a hit. 

Consumer Product Help Center