NAS540 how to NFS??

Auric
Auric Posts: 1
edited February 2020 in Personal Cloud Storage
I got a NAS540 running good, is 3/4 full of Videos. I like to use NFS to get the videos to my Kodi@FireTV because SMB sucks. I got NFS running on the NAS, I edited  the  *** file to "unsecure" I connected Kodi@FireTV via NFS @ NAS540 successful, so far so good.

I don't see anything what's on the NAS in Kodi. Just an empty folder.

So what do I have to do to see what's on the NAS?  

#NAS_Jan_2020

All Replies

• shv
    shv Posts: 4  Freshman Member
    edited February 2020
    Hello,
    I am using the following solution:
    • Move CIFS directories to NFS: e.g. mv /i-data/BLBLBA/video /i-data/BLBLBA/nfs/video
    • Create symbolic links for the former CIFS directories: e.g.. ln -s /i-data/BLBLBA/nfs/video /i-data/BLBLBA/video
    If you use this solution you have identical directory content for CIFS and NFS shares.

-shv
  • Tobbe
    Tobbe Posts: 3
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    shv said:
    Hello,
    I am using the following solution:
    • Move CIFS directories to NFS: e.g. mv /i-data/BLBLBA/video /i-data/BLBLBA/nfs/video
    • Create symbolic links for the former CIFS directories: e.g.. ln -s /i-data/BLBLBA/nfs/video /i-data/BLBLBA/video
    If you use this solution you have identical directory content for CIFS and NFS shares.

-shv
    Can you explain what you did and hw you did it and where you dit it!??
    I am also looking for running my smb and my nfs from the same harddrive and i just have all folders and files in root of the hdds so im not organizing anything. 
    I read something about linking but dont undestand. Thank you.

I have. 542 but most likely same deal

Consumer Product Help Center