Zyxel vmg8825-t50 WiFi connection issue

Gniptsaf
Gniptsaf Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited March 2020 in Smart Home Product
I changed internet provider and the new provider gave me this new router. After installation all my family 4 android smartphones can connect to WiFi smoothly. Instead an Nvidia Shield k1 android tablet refuses to connect. Connection status become "Disabled" or "Saved". I have tried: 1) reboot (both rooter and tablet), 2) reset all network connection (on tablet) 3) reset tablet to factory settings. Still it cannot connect. I have tried to connect it to a smartphone WiFi hotspot and it works, so there must be some problem with the router.
Thanks for your help

#SP_Mar_2020

Accepted Solution

• Gniptsaf
    Answer ✓
    Thank you Hummel,
    sorry I couldn't read your message sooner. Anyway I solved the issue by setting 802.11 mode to "n only" instead of "b/g/n Mixed". It's quite strange. It works also with "b/g Mixed". 
    There is some problem with the "b/g/n Mixed" mode I guess.

All Replies

• Hummel
    Hummel Posts: 212  Master Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    edited March 2020
    @Gniptsaf,
    Do you connect to 2.4GHz or 5GHz wireless network?
    Have you tried to disable the WiFi security to not using password and see if your Nvidia Shield k1 android tablet can connect to the router or not?
  • Gniptsaf
    Answer ✓
    Thank you Hummel,
    sorry I couldn't read your message sooner. Anyway I solved the issue by setting 802.11 mode to "n only" instead of "b/g/n Mixed". It's quite strange. It works also with "b/g Mixed". 
    There is some problem with the "b/g/n Mixed" mode I guess.
  • Funny, googled VMG8825-t50 Wi-Fi issues as I to have a connection problem with my Nvidia Shield k1 tablet. I will try this. One thing I did was activate Guest Wifi on 2.4 GHz which momentarily fixed my problem
  • So as mentioned earlier I have the same Nvidia Shield k1 android tablet, but setting the mode to N only did not help for me. The one thing that helped my Nvidia Shield and the rest of my equipment connecting to the router was setting the Protection Management Frames to Disable.

Consumer Product Help Center