NFS and CIFS/SMB togheter

2»

All Replies

• baybora
    baybora Posts: 29  Freshman Member
    edited April 2018
    New report...
    I created a new folder named "nfs" to share.( as above photos, first one)
    And added another folder inside it named "video"
    Infuse saw inside that video folder is empty.
    This time ı added a file inside that video folder in the nfs folder, this time infuse saw the file.OK
    But it is the question, I have got already a huge movie folder named "video" which uses via smb connection without problem.
    To use nfs connection type, have i to copy all these files from that main video folder (smb) to inside the 2nd video (for nfs) folder???
    It is big job to to.
    Why nfs can not recognise existing video folder using for smb?
    Thanks for your helps

• baybora
    Please write your comments... ? 
  • Ijnrsi
    Ijnrsi Posts: 254  Master Member
    Regarding your question of Why nfs can not recognise existing video folder using for smb?
    Ans: NFS's default design by Zyxel is that user only create nfs folder under /i-data/sysvol/nfs and no way to set other folder which under /i-data/sysvol/, that is why you cannot use default video as NFS shared folder.

Here you have two ways to meet your requirement:
    1. after you created nfs folder, the folder now you can access via SMB, so you can move all files from main video folder (smb) to inside the 2nd video (for nfs) folder, and no longer used main video folder. 
    2. use linux command "ln /i-data/f3606bb1/video /i-data/f3606bb1/nfs/video" to link this 2 folders, after link then you doesn't need to move all files to another, because the content is synchronized.

• baybora
    Morning,
    I used the first option. And finished the job successfully. 
    Thanks for the detailed info and kindly helps
    Best regards. 
  • hoverdonkey
    hoverdonkey Posts: 11  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary

Sorry to drag this up out of the depths, but I just came across it as I have same issue.
    I am trying your option 2 but it's not working for me - I get:

"~ $ ln: /i-data/c92fee57/nfs/MediaLn/JunkMedia/JunkMedia: Operation not permitted".

I wondered if you might have a tip for me.  I SSH'd into the NSA325 as root - was that right?

Thanks

• hoverdonkey
    First Anniversary
    I've made some progress, but now I'm stuck with a different problem...

I tried "ln -s" (symbolic links) and it seems to set up a linked folder fine in that I can access it in SSH and see the contents.  However, whilst I can see the new "folder" in both the NSA325 share browser and Windows File Explorer, I cannot open it in either (NSA says "Access denied.", Windows says "Windows cannot access [path]"). I tried setting up the links in SSH as both root and admin, but that made no difference.

Any help most gratefully received.  Thanks.
  • hoverdonkey
    First Anniversary
    Seems this post is dead - I will start a new thread and will post back here if I find a solution.

Consumer Product Help Center