NAS326 After Plex Installed: Needs to add Local Movies\Music\Photos

Emerald Dragon
Emerald Dragon Posts: 118  Ally Member
First Anniversary
edited April 2020 in Personal Cloud Storage
OK! I am looking at adding Local Movies\Music\Photos into Plex Server after I installed it. I am not sure how to do it at this point in Plex to the locations of these files on the NAS. Did anyone that already has Plex Server up and running already got their local contents added? Please assist. Thanks in advance.

Should it be "\\NAS326\DirectoryNane"? Or ".\DirectoryNane"? or something else?

Accepted Solution

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,598  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    The local path on the NAS starts with /i-data/. If you enable the ssh server, you can use WinSCP to find the complete local path to your movie directories.

All Replies

• SasaNoi
    SasaNoi Posts: 1
    edited May 2020
    Hi, I have tried before as you said and did not succeed. The error shown is file incompatibility. or it may be that you've done it the wrong way and therefore can't work on your device.
    Use Mobdro and watch your favorite online TV: https://mobdroplus.com/
  • Mijzelf
    Answer ✓
    The local path on the NAS starts with /i-data/. If you enable the ssh server, you can use WinSCP to find the complete local path to your movie directories.
  • Emerald Dragon
    First Anniversary
    edited April 2020
    Thanks @Mijzelf, I have enabled ssh. How do I go about doing WinSCP? I am not used to doing ssh at all. Kenda noob at it.

EDIT: Never mind, I actually found the directory through Twonky Media Player. No needs to go through the trouble of finding it now.
  • Emerald Dragon
    First Anniversary
    edited April 2020
    OK! Photos are showing up fine, But the music and movies are not showing up. weird! :(  
  • Emerald Dragon
    First Anniversary
    OK, Now I am going nuts. It's shows up now after I did some reading and moving around the movies files. I guess the structure was not correctly done before, fixing it now.
  • Mijzelf
    One thing you might need to know is that file- and directory names in Linux are case sensitive.
  • Emerald Dragon
    First Anniversary
    I finally got all the kinks wok out for all the folders. Thanks again for all your helps @Mijzelf. I will keep that in mind about the file and directory names in Linux. I work with it ever so often, so I sometimes forget.
  • Emerald Dragon
    First Anniversary
    @SasaNoi, Do you still needs help? What file incompatibility error are you getting? Can you post a screenshot of your error?
  • Armand
    Armand Posts: 1
    edited June 2020
    I will remember that about filenames and directories in Linux. I work with it very often. Music albums are really fun for me.
    Use free ringtones for your mobile phone: sonnerie sms gratuite
  • hegmannkris
    hegmannkris Posts: 5  Freshman Member
    edited September 2020

One issue when running Plex Media Server as a service is that it cannot be updated using the Web application without first stopping the service. Basically, the following steps would need to be performed to update Plex:

1. Stopping the PlexService service.

2. Run the Plex Media Server update.

3. Restart the PlexService service.

Then you can change your sonnerie telephone portable gratuite

Consumer Product Help Center