Configuring L2TP VPN on LTE7410-A214 Router

jonespr1
jonespr1 Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband
Hi

I have a LTE7410-A214 router and am experiencing some issues, as my mobile carrier uses commercial grade NAT which affects some of the devices in my house i.e. my Nintendo Switch cannot connect to others for remote game playing. I have an account with PureVPN for a static IP, which I believe will resolve this issue and want to configure the L2TP tunnel on the router.

I have configured in the Security -> L2TP VPN screen, but when I run a trace the traffic is not using that route and I see no way of verifying config in the logs.

I think I need to setup some type of routing to use VPN, but cannot understand from manual how to do this, I ideally want all traffic to take this route.

Thanks

Robert

Accepted Solution

• Mia
    Mia Posts: 16
    First Comment
    Answer ✓
    As the same as you, trying to search it's all IPSEC. If someone could share where could find the pure l2tp it will be more helpful.

All Replies

• Mia
    First Comment
    LTE7410-A214 support pure L2TP VPN not L2TP over IPSec. Enable the default route in Security>L2TP VPN> Default Route, when run the trace the traffic will use the route.
  • jonespr1
    jonespr1 Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Where would I get one of those, tried googling, all seem IPSEC?
  • Mia
    First Comment
    Answer ✓
    As the same as you, trying to search it's all IPSEC. If someone could share where could find the pure l2tp it will be more helpful.
  • Mia
    First Comment

Consumer Product Help Center