VMG8825-T50K and old Gigabit Switches

Jacksoft
Jacksoft Posts: 2  Freshman Member
Hi, I have two unmanaged gigabit switches from another brand bought in around 2014 connected to two different ports on VMG8825-T50K Tiscali branded with FW V5.50(ABRN.0)b5_20190923.
The problem is that suddenly they stop working: devices recognizes the network but internet or any connection to them will not work and I need to reboot both devices and switches.
I found that Zyxel modem send so many ARP requests and I thougt that the problem could be it, because with the older modem (by another brand) worked flawlessy.
I do not want to buy a newer switch just to try without the aknowledge to fix the problem, I would ask if there's something I can do before.
Thanks.

Comments

• Hummel
    Hummel Posts: 212  Master Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Do you mean you connect the 2 switches to VMG8825-T50K and then connect other devices to the 2 switches but suddenly the devices can't access the Internet?
    Can your devices get IPs from VMG8825-T50K correctly?
    I think when the problem happens, the best way is to simplify your network first.
    Try to connect your device directly to the LAN port of VMG8825-T50K. If it can work correctly, then the problem is at the switch side. If it still doesn't work, then there must be something wrong on VMG8825-T50K.
  • Jacksoft
    Jacksoft Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Yes, you're correct.
    In a test I've connected one those affected devices directly on VMG8825-T50K, and it continue working without any problem while the switch on another port stops as always.
    I thougt about incompatibility/problem with the switches, because they're old (TL-SG1005D), also if it's strange (an incompatible protocol maybe?). But if I would buy a new one what I should check to avoid this problem again?
    Anyone could suggest me a good unmanaged gigabit switch?
    Thanks.
  • Amazing website hope to see more content
  • www.WalgreensListens.com : Walgreens figured out that there was a need to hear out their clients to develop and work on their administrations and items. Following the strides of different wellbeing and drug store brands like RiteAid.com/store overview, they started their study crusade also.https://walgreenslistenscon.com/
    • Those who wish to participate in the Walgreens Survey must have an updated purchase receipt from Walgreens. The receipt must not be older than 72 hours.https://iwalgreenslistens.shop/
  • They hired a development team to build a user-friendly platform wherein customers can offer their feedback. To make things more interesting, they framed the questions in a way that the customer just needs to spend a few minutes and the feedback is recorded.

• Dairy Queen is an American multinational chain of fast-food and soft-serve ice cream restaurants held by International Dairy Queen, Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway. It was founded on June 22, 1940 by John Fremont McCullough. Its Headquarters located in Bloomington, Minnesota. Its product includes Soft serve, fast food, hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, french fries, ice cream, milkshakes, sundaes, soft drinks, salads (Texas: taco salads, tacos, nachos)

• tue11june
    tue11june Posts: 1
    edited August 2022
    Your valuable input is valued by Walgreenslistens. As a result, Walgreens is willing to acknowledge your time and work by giving you the chance to enter a $3000 sweepstakes. visit here WalgreensListens 

• If you are a fan of the Jack in the Box Tacos, participate in the www Jacklistens com survey and get two tacos absolutely free on the next visit paid to the store.

• This Panda Express Feedback Survey takes a couple of minutes of you to finish it. Sharing your visit experience in this Panda Express Customer Survey causes you with better administration and products. The organization needs to find out about their client feeling with them.

Consumer Product Help Center