Multi Plus (WSQ60) standard mode

smi73
smi73 Posts: 3  Freshman Member
edited June 2020 in Multy WiFi System
Hello

I have Zyxel Multi (WSQ60) plus setup used together with a fiber based internet connection.
My ISP is stating that I can connect the WSQ60 to the fiber mediaconverter/fiber termination (Tilgin MSA974) directly via an ethernet cable and run the wsq60 in standard mode (router mode). That makes sense since I am doing that on another location with another brand of router.
When I try to do that I am able to get an internet connection from the WSQ60 but only for a limited time. I can see in the log that there is a lot of disconnects.
Putting the ISP provided router between the mediaconverter/fiber termination and the WSQ60 and switching the WSQ60 to run in bridge mode, the connection is stable.
I don't want to use ISP provided router as a "middle man" but would like to connect the WSQ60 directly to the fiber media-converter (Tilgin MSA974). I assume that it is some kind of interoperability issue between the Zyxel and Tilgin device. I also assume that it is a normal usecase.
Any suggestion on how to proceed (besides running in bridge mode together with the ISP router) ?
Thanks in advance.

Best regards

#Multy_May_2020

All Replies

• Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    Dear Sir,

1. Can you provide the topology of your Multy Plus?
    Please don't connect your Multy as below Topology in NAT Mode.
    Modem--------Root Multy
          |------------Extender Multy
    Please refer to the link for Ethernet backhaul: 
    https://kb.zyxel.com/KB/searchArticle!viewDetail.action?articleOid=017839&lang=EN
    2.  Please provide the log that appear in your Multy App.

Best Regards,
    Eric
  • smi73
    smi73 Posts: 3  Freshman Member
    Hello

Thanks for the feedback.
    I have attached a drawing on how i did connect the different devices.
    I have also attached the log.
    Thanks in advance.

Best regards
  • Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    Dear Sir,

Thanks for the file.
    I have contacted you via Private Message box, please check your message box for further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eric
  • Thank you very much for your hard work.

Consumer Product Help Center