I don't have any app to download on App Center (NAS326) (SOLVED)

Matt_S_PT
Matt_S_PT Posts: 8  Freshman Member
edited June 2020 in Personal Cloud Storage
I'm new on Zyxel Nas326. I'm trying to connect nas to myZyXELCloud. I can't install the myZyXELcloud-Agent application because it doesn't appear on the App Center like any other app. When I press the "Retrieve List From Internet" it shows "Download List Fail". I've test the internet connection and it shows "success". I've got the latest firmware version V5.21. What can I do?

#NAS_June_2020

Accepted Solution

• Matt_S_PT
    Answer ✓
    PROBLEM SOLVED

After a long search on forum and some try and try again I create the folder 'zy-pkgs'.
    \\NAS_IP\admin\zy-pkgs\           (NAS_IP -> ex: 192.168.1.100)
    Then put a file named 'web_prefix' with 'ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/' text inside (that's a txt file but must not have that extension on the nas folder).
    Then all works on App Center and the ZyxelCloud is now working.
    Thanks for your help.

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,598  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Can you connect to ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/ from your network?
  • Matt_S_PT
    I've try it on Google Chrome and it show's me a list of folders. That's it?
  • Mijzelf
    Yes. In that case it's not your ISP or DNS, and so it's the NAS. Does it have a fixed IP address? Are you sure you used the right DNS and gateway?
    When you login over ssh, can you ping ftp2.zyxel.com?
  • Matt_S_PT
    edited June 2020
    The IP is automatic (not manual).The Dns is 'automatic', and gateway is 'Lan1'. The DyDNS and gateway are disable. Is it supposed to change?
    I've try to login over ssh but I don't know exactly how to do it. Is there any tutorial to follow?
  • Mijzelf
    Enable the ssh server in the webinterface (Control Panel->Terminal.), and then you can use any ssh client (like PuTTY) to connect to the NAS.
  • Matt_S_PT
    edited June 2020
    I've connect to NAS via ssh (I use MacOS) and now I don't know how to do the ping test. What should I type?

PS: After connecting ssh I was searching in the forum and find another Discussion (https://homeforum.zyxel.com/discussion/3428/myzyxelcloud-agent-does-not-update-completely#latest) and see that is a way to download 'myZyXELcloud-Agent' by ssh. I've try it by typing:
    1: cd /i-data/sysvol/.system/zy-pkgs/
    After a full download everything keeps the same. The App Center keeps empty.
    I still don't know how to do the ping test.
  • Mijzelf
    I still don't know how to do the ping test.

The command  would be

ping ftp2.zyxel.com

It would test both the DNS and gateway, but your wget did the same. The NAS can reach out and pull files from ftp2.zyxel.com. So everything should work, but it doesn't.

The only thing I can think of is reading the logfile /i-data/sysvol/.system/zy-pkgs/tmp/zypkg.log. Maybe it has pointers.

It's quite a big file (10MB on my 520), so maybe you'd use an sftp client to fetch it.

• Matt_S_PT
    edited June 2020
    The only thing I can think of is reading the logfile /i-data/sysvol/.system/zy-pkgs/tmp/zypkg.log. Maybe it has pointers.
    Where and how can I open it? 

The ping test starts but don't stop, is it normal?

Is there a way to install the 'myZyXELcloud-Agent' by ssh?

PS: I've asked to Zyxel support about my case and they told me that:

Please access your NAS via CIFS (\\IP address), and enter the folder "admin > zy-pkgs" to delete the file ZYPKGS, then download the list by clicking on the "Retrieve List From Internet" button on the NAS web interface, and install the package again.
    Go to Windows file explorer and type in the address bar, \\IPaddressOfNAS. Example: \\192.168.1.35

I'm having some trouble to do that. On the Finder (macOS) it says 'the folder can't be found'. On the Windows file explorer nothing appears. 
    How should I search it?
  • Matt_S_PT
    Answer ✓
    PROBLEM SOLVED

After a long search on forum and some try and try again I create the folder 'zy-pkgs'.
    \\NAS_IP\admin\zy-pkgs\           (NAS_IP -> ex: 192.168.1.100)
    Then put a file named 'web_prefix' with 'ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/' text inside (that's a txt file but must not have that extension on the nas folder).
    Then all works on App Center and the ZyxelCloud is now working.
    Thanks for your help.

• Mijzelf
    Oh? Do you have a rebranded version of the NAS326? The web_prefix file is used to replace the default repository. So if this solves your problem, I would be inclined to think the default repository is not ftp2.zyxel.com. Which could be the case on a rebranded box.

Consumer Product Help Center