loosing connection multy U

Lars Liljegren
Lars Liljegren Posts: 4  Freshman Member
edited July 2020 in Multy WiFi System
Hi!

Have major problems with this mesh. It fails over and over again to have a steady connection with chromecasts and printers. Any ideas? The two chromcast audios i hce connected direct to the hub via ethernet and it works ok, but more problem with the regular chromecasts and epsonprinters.

I have 4 multy. 

regards / Lars 

#Multy_Jul_2020

All Replies

• Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    Dear Sir,

1. How do you connect your devices? Please provide your network topology.
    2. Do you mean that you have Ethernet adapters for two Chromecasts, and regular Chromecasts are connected with wifi?
    3. What is the problem with the regular Chromecast and the printers? Is the printer also connected with wifi?

Best Regards,
    Eric
  • Lars Liljegren
    Hi, thank you for these questions. 

1. Main unit - fiber, the rest wifi.
    2. Exactly.
    3. The printer are connected through wifi. The regular cromecasts and printer are regular loosing connection, usually when the chromecasts are streaming, it works, for the time beeing. But nest time, they might as well need to be configurated again. I guess that the printer problem might be about that the printer doesnt support 5 ghz.

regards / Lars
  • Zyxel_Eric
    Dear Sir,

1. Can you provide the topology of all your Multy U and the connection of the printer, Chromecasts, and the hub? How do you connect them?
    If possible, please draw your topology for us.
    2. Does your printer able to communicate with other devices(PC) that connected to Multy U?
    3. Do you mean the printer can work fine sometime?
    If it can work sometimes, this issue may relate to the signal interference in your environment, due to 2.4G is easy to be affected by the environment.

Best Regards,
    Eric

• Lars Liljegren
    Hi again, thanks!

The audiochromcasts didt work until I connected them to the multys with a cable. 

1. I scanned a topology, hop it is understandable.

2. Sometimes, but rarely.

3. I think that might be the problem, is it possible to turn on or of 2,4 or 5 g on the multys?

Regards / Lars
  • Zyxel_Eric
    Dear Sir,

Thanks for the information.
    For your information, Multy cannot disable 2.4G or 5G separately. However, 5G wifi will not affect the 2.4G wifi, they are on a different frequency range. Which means it will not make any difference to disable one of the bands.

Please provide the screenshot of wifi signals in your environment.
    You can download "wifi analyzer" on your Andriod phone to scan the signals.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl

Which generation of the Chromecast that you have? If they are the first-gen, it doesn't support the 5G wifi, and this issue may really be caused by the interferent of 2.4G.
    In this case, please reboot the Root Multy, it will scan and re-select a better 2.4G channel, or connect them via Ethernet cable to the Multy.

Best regards,
    Eric
  • Lars Liljegren
    Hi Eric, thank you for the support!

The cromcasts are generation nr 3. 
    I took some screenshots from location of the 2 different chromcasts and the printer. 

Regards / Lars
  • Zyxel_Eric
    Dear Sir,

The signal on each location seems fine, and in this case, the connection on your chromecasts and printer should be able to connect to the wifi of the Multy.
    Will your chromcase on the TV will display the wifi disconnection message?

Please send feedback from your Multy App, and we can check the behavior of your Multy to the chromecasts. 

Best Regards,
    Eric

Consumer Product Help Center