iperf on NAS542 possible ?

Options
Boyd78
Boyd78 Posts: 5  Freshman Member
I am not really experienced linux user. I will aprecciate if anyone could tell me id such installation (iperf)
is possible on NAS542. I am trying to find a way to measure network speed between my android tv and NAS. Thank you in advance for help with that

Best Answers

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,605  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The package 'RandomTools', which can be installed by first installing 'MetaRepository' (scroll down for instructions), contains both iperf and iperf3.
  • Mijzelf
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The next step is go back to the firmware package manager, update the list, and install RandomTools.

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The package 'RandomTools', which can be installed by first installing 'MetaRepository' (scroll down for instructions), contains both iperf and iperf3.
  • Boyd78
    Options
    Thank you for so quick answer. Instruction mentioning something about "admin" directory in the root file system but in case of my NAS this directory does not exist (V5.21(ABAG.6)C0) so i am unable to create directory "zy-pkgs" below.
    I managed to find "\i-data\457e65fe\.system\zy-pkgs" directory but placing web_prefix over there does not change the content o All Aps after refresh.
    Any idea how to proceed ?
  • Boyd78
    Options
    previous question no longer applies - it worked (showed in web interface) after creation "zy-pkgs" below \i-data\VOLUME_NAME\admin and placing the file there
  • Boyd78
    Options
    I managed to get there, but there is only one button (apply) there which is for blacklist ?
    I am not sure what is the next step in order to have this blessed iperf finally installed :(

• Mijzelf
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The next step is go back to the firmware package manager, update the list, and install RandomTools.
  • Boyd78
    Options
    haha - life of newbie ... i though that i have to do something over there ...
    Once again - thx for your help - iperf works like a charm

Consumer Product Help Center