Windows 10 explorer disk capacity wrong

DiskRaider
DiskRaider Posts: 12  Freshman Member
edited August 2020 in Personal Cloud Storage
I have a NSA325 V2 with a 2TB disk in bay 1 and recendly installed a 6TB disk in bay 2. Everything is working fine, the Zyxel interface is showing a share of 6TB. But in windows 10 explorer the capacity of the new disk is shown as 2 TB not 6TB. In a command prompt it is showing 6TB so it has something to do with windows explorer. Any ideas?

#NAS_August_2020

Accepted Solution

• DiskRaider
    Answer ✓
    I took out the 2TB disk and then windows 10 exporer showed 6TB available for the second disk in bay 2. So if you have a smaller disk in the first bay that size overrules that of the one in the second bay. Don't know if this is a NSA-325 problem or a windows explorer issue. Solution: keep the biggest disk in the first bay! Problem solved!

All Replies

• LAURAM
    LAURAM Posts: 13  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited August 2020
    Can you share the screenshot of your disk information on device web gui and on window 10 explorer?
    Does the folder show on the NAS web gui the same as it show on the window 10 explorer? 

• DiskRaider
    edited August 2020
    It is about te P6_Internal_02 disk. I also have an external 4TB attached to the NAS, the size of this drive is shown correctly in windows 10 file explorer. However the internal disk in bay 2 only shows 1,79 TB available. Could it have anything to do with the smaller disk being loaded in bay 1? In the Zyxel GUI this is showing 1,79 TB available which is correct)

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,598  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    As the numbers for both total space and free space match the numbers of P6_Internal_01, I can't imagine it has nothing to do with that disk.
    Are you sure the share P6_Internal_02 is on the volume P6_Internal_02?

• DiskRaider
    Yes I am sure, W-Drive_D is displayed as \\zyx06\p6_internal_02. What I can try is swapping the disks and find out what happens. I let you know. Thanks.
  • DiskRaider
    Answer ✓
    I took out the 2TB disk and then windows 10 exporer showed 6TB available for the second disk in bay 2. So if you have a smaller disk in the first bay that size overrules that of the one in the second bay. Don't know if this is a NSA-325 problem or a windows explorer issue. Solution: keep the biggest disk in the first bay! Problem solved!
  • DiskRaider
    Thought I had answered this, but seems to be lost in cyberspace. What I did is remove disk 1 and windows explorer shows that disk 2 has 6 TB available. So the size of disk 1 is leading if you have two disks attached.Put the biggest disk in bay 1. Problem solved.

Consumer Product Help Center