How do you block ping on VMG8825-T50 router?

Options
Lexyz
Lexyz Posts: 3  Freshman Member
I've tried using a firewall rule to ignore external ping requests but i get still responses.

Security > firewall > access control
rule: IPv4 / ICMP / DROP / WAN to ROUTER (or wan to lan)

Thanks for your help

Accepted Solution

• Hummel
    Hummel Posts: 212  Master Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    edited October 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    It is possible that it's disabled by your ISP. What is your firmware version?
    Can't you ask your ISP to help you to set it up to disable the ping for WAN side?
    If you read the Note in Firewall page, you should see that even you set the security level to High, some services are still accessible.

All Replies

• Hummel
    Options
    Page 345, Chapter 35 Remote Management

• Lexyz
    Options
    Thanks for your reply Hummel. Unfortunately the Remote Management  option is not available under the Maintenance section. Could it be that it's disabled by my ISP? (i got the router from them). Is it not possible to use a firewall rule to achieve the same result?
  • Hummel
    edited October 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    It is possible that it's disabled by your ISP. What is your firmware version?
    Can't you ask your ISP to help you to set it up to disable the ping for WAN side?
    If you read the Note in Firewall page, you should see that even you set the security level to High, some services are still accessible.
  • Lexyz
    Options
    Thanks for your help Hummel. My ISP confirmed ping i required for remote assistance and check the quality of connections

Consumer Product Help Center