Multy U and Skype problems

MyTime
MyTime Posts: 5  Freshman Member
First Comment
I got yesterday 3x Multy U and net is now faster (about 100/30 mbps) everywhere in the house. Surfing, movies etc fine everywhere - but Skype incoming voice is terrible, hard to understand anything. On the other end they hear my voice clearly. What's the problem?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,026  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Dear Sir,
    Can you try other clients to see if the symptoms would happen? 

Best regards,
    Jerry
  • MyTime
    First Comment
    I can try but when I connected the laptop directly to the modem with RJ45 instead of WLAN-connection to the router, the sound is perfect. Just that the cable-connection is not very practical in this case. Th distance to the router is about 2 meter so the distance should not be the reason.
  • lodiabai
    lodiabai Posts: 120  Ally Member
    edited October 2020
    I think you should connect the laptop to the Multy U with the RJ45 cable, it can help you to clarify if the issue is on the whole system of Multy or only on the wifi connection with Multy. 
    And it is also worth to try on your phone or other PC with Skype calls.
    Try to run the speedtest on the laptop when Skype has the blurry incoming voice, will the speed still the 100/30?
    Also if the laptop close to one of the Multy(get better wfi connection), will it get any improvement on the voice calls?

• Mulle
    Mulle Posts: 1
    Hi, I have the same problem with skype. Can not use the wifi when i work through skype. Not what i hoped for. Is this something you can fix?

mucho importante! 
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Dear Sir,

1 .Please kindly provide your network topology.
    2 .What model of the client are you using? Does the issue happen to other clients?
    3. Could you describe more details about your issue?
       (1) What is the problem with skype?
       (2) Do you mean skype is not able to make a phone call?
       (3)Or there is only a one-way voice?
    4. Please send us the feed back on the Multy App.
       When pressing the Send feedback button on the Multy APP, it will auto generate the log of the device, please send the log file to us.

Best regards,
    Jerry
  • MyTime
    First Comment
    1. If I understand... hybrid-modem, three Multy U units, one connected with cable to the modem
    2. ThinkPad laptop, distance to the primary Multy U about 2 meters
    3. Skype incoming voice is terrible, hard to understand anything. On the other end they hear my voice clearly. With RJ45 directly to the modem everything is fine
    4. No problem with my phone, alltough never used Skype with it 
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Dear @MyTime

Please send us the feedback on the Multy App.
    When pressing the Send feedback button on the Multy APP, it will auto generate the log of the device, please send the log file to us.

Best regards,
    Jerry

Consumer Product Help Center