missing nas 326 widgets in web interface

zemciko
zemciko Posts: 7  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment
I have one zyxel nas 326 for some time (maybe 2 or more years). Some time ago, in web interface, i have noticed missing "widget" icons (application icons in the bottom bar like online users or disk stage etc). I tried reinstall it but with no success.  The icons were not restored even after the firmware update. NAS works otherwise properly. Is there any way how to restore this functions? Is it known problem?

All Replies

• soul
    soul Posts: 29  Freshman Member
    First Comment
    Can you see this icon at the bottom?

https://i.imgur.com/n2KVrSu.png

Do you have any screenshot for this problem ?
  • zemciko
    Yes i can se lower bar, i can open it but there are no apps "installed". On left side is big "+" icon to install new widget. If i click on it, it opens window to select and install new widget application. But there is nothing to install ... (lower bar does not contain previously installed widgets and the window with new applications is empty)

• soul
    soul Posts: 29  Freshman Member
    First Comment
    Did you try to reset the device? 

And you said that you upgraded the firmware, what was your firmware version again ?
  • zemciko
    No i have not tried to reset device (im little bit aware of my 16tb of data). And firmware is latest version (checked by the nas).
  • zemciko
    One good soul finally sent me a solution .
    There is file named 501.json inside /i-data/”your disk”/.system/guicfg/widget directory. Its damaged inside should be something like {"widgets":[{"id":"sysStatus","name":"System Status","isChecked":true},{"id":"storageStatus","name":"Storage Status","isChecked":true},{"id":"webSession","name":"Current Connections","isChecked":true},{"id":"resourceMonitor","name":"Resource Monitor","isChecked":true},{"id":"connSpeed","name":"Connection Speed","isChecked":true},{"id":"scheduleBackup","name":"Scheduled Backup","isChecked":false}]}
    But insted there is nothing or only somethink like  {"widgets":[{}]}.
    To repair it you need to enable ssh on NAS then connect throu terminal using ssh command and edit file. (as admin using linux commands "su, ed, cd, ls" etc.)
    Thanks Akos.

• Youssou
    Youssou Posts: 1
    First Comment

Thank you! I've fixed it using your solution.
    I've created a new file with the correct configuration, deleted the old one and renamed the new to 501.json.

• tpetpe
    tpetpe Posts: 1
    First Comment

Hello! I did the above, changing the 501.json according to your example. But when restarting the 326, the file is back to the almost empty version again… Obviously the 501.json is built from something else, when the system restarts. Any help to solve this is much appreciated!

Consumer Product Help Center