Zyxel NBG6615 periodic WAN disconnects issues

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,026  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Dear Sir,
    Please check your message box again.
  • Hi,
    I´m having the same problem. i use a pppoe connection on WAN side but every hour i have to restart the router to get a new connection

• Zyxel_Jerry
    We have contacted you via private message. Please kindly check your message box.
  • zyxelvirgin
    zyxelvirgin Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited February 2021
    We have contacted you via private message. Please kindly check your message box.

My first Zyxel product and what a disappointment  I have the same thing happening to me.  I am also on a pppoe connection on WAN.  Never seen a product that does this...haha...this what I get for buying a budget product?  Send me a PM too Jerry...or do I have to call the Meeseeks for help?
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Dear Sir,

1.Could you provide more details about your issue?
    2.Please kindly provide your network topology.
    3.Are there any logs on it, could you share with us?
    4.What is your firmware version, is it on the latest firmware?The latest firmware is V1.00(ABMV.4)C0
       If not, here is the latest firmware.
  • Finman
    Finman Posts: 2
    First Comment
    I seem to have the same problem, connection drops for few seconds at a time in every 5 or so minutes. Connection type is DHCP and I have the 
    V1.00(ABMV.4)C0 firmware. Here is the log:

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Dear Sir,

1.Please provide your network topology
    2. After obtaining the IP at the beginning, the request to update the IP will be re-initiated within 1/2 time of the lease time.
      The log means "The request is a message sent to the DHCP server device upstream of the wan, and the DHCP server responds with an "ACK" ."
    3.If you own the router above the NBG6615, you could extend your IP lease time.
    4.About the connection drop issue, could you describe more details about it?

Best regards,
    Jerry

• Finman
    Finman Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Dear Sir,

1.Please provide your network topology
    2. After obtaining the IP at the beginning, the request to update the IP will be re-initiated within 1/2 time of the lease time.
      The log means "The request is a message sent to the DHCP server device upstream of the wan, and the DHCP server responds with an "ACK" ."
    3.If you own the router above the NBG6615, you could extend your IP lease time.
    4.About the connection drop issue, could you describe more details about it?

Best regards,
    Jerry

I'm not sure what topology means, but here is the WAN page
    It is set up in a router mode. Internet comes straight from the apartments plug via Ethernet cable to the router and from there to my computer (wired). If I connect my computer straight to the apartments Ethernet port there is no issue, so it must be some wrong setting or fault in the router. 

The connection 'lags' every 5 minutes or so, but doesn't drop completely. If I'm playing a game the ping suddenly raises from normal 10 ms to over 500 ms for just a few seconds. And sometimes if my computer has been on sleep mode it might drop the connection, but works again if I restart the router. Same issue happens with every device connected to the router (chromecast, tv, other computer)

• Zyxel_Jerry
    @Finman

We have contacted you via private message.
    Please check your message box for further assistance.
  • BartekR
    BartekR Posts: 2
    Friend Collector
    I have similiar problem with the same configuration as above. 

Consumer Product Help Center