How to Access Web Interface of PLA6456 Which are Between Router and Modem

Options
Hi, how to I reach the powerline adapters? they are between my 1st floor modem and 2nd floor router. I can't reach past my router which is 192.168.0.1

All Replies

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 841  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Hello @Armink

Are you trying to reach your PLA6456 from the Internet? I don't think that you can do this.

According the user guide available at ftp://ftp.zyxel.com/PLA6456/user_guide/ in Chapter 3 Web Configurator shows that you manage the PLA6456 by connecting to them.

I think that this would mean in your case connecting with an Ethernet cable to your PLA6456 on the 2nd floor, and then managing the pair from there through a web browser.

Chapter 3 of the user gude explains how to do this.

I hope that this is helpful.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Tony

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 841  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Hello @Armink

Re-reading your posting, if you know what IP addresses your modem is giving to your PLA6456 units, then you might be able to access them via a web browser through your router.

Is your modem set-up to give out IP addresses by DHCP?

If not, then you might need to manually setup your PLA6456 units to have an IP address on the subnet between your modem and your router so that it is different to the IP address given to your router by your modem.
         - Then you might be able to access your PLA6456 units via your router from the inside of your house.
                - not from the Internet though.

I hope that this is helpful.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Tony

Consumer Product Help Center