Notification for NSS 2/4-Year license and NSS IDP 1/2/4-Year license!!!

Zyxel_Jonas
Zyxel_Jonas Posts: 313  Zyxel Employee
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
edited April 2021 in Nebula

Dear Nebula user,

This is to inform you that we have discontinued the sales of Nebula Security Service (NSS) SP 2/4-year license and NSS IDP 1/2/4-Year license.
And the registration/activation of these licenses will be ends from Feb, 1, 2021.  
Should you have these licenses on hand, please kindly register/activate them as soon as possible.

Reminder:
1. NSS SP/IDP license are only for NSG device, you may ignore the warning message if there is no NSG in your possession.
2. Nebula Security Service (NSS) SP 1 year license still continue sell by local reseller or please refer to our Marketplace to purchase NSS points.

Please feel free to contact your local sales/reseller if you need any further help.
Thanks for your understanding.
Jonas,

Comments

• Pook
    Pook Posts: 136  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Nebula Gratitude Friend Collector
    edited January 2021
    So what about NSG appliances that have just been deployed or that will be in the coming months? Will they not be able to be licensed and used in 12 months?
  • does this mean my NSG100 will stop working, I can't remember if I have licences, I only purchased the device?
  • Pook
    does this mean my NSG100 will stop working, I can't remember if I have licences, I only purchased the device?

I don't think it will stop working internet access wise but you will not be able to buy any more licenses for the security features once your first year is up, at least I think that is the situation?
  • Zyxel_Jonas
    Hi @Andy_Pandy, @Pook ,

Thanks for the explanation @Pook, I would like to explain the license part, the warning message means that Nebula will only stop the registry/activation for NSS SP 2/4-year / NSS IDP 1/2/4-Year license, and no longer be sold, therefore we are reminding all Nebula users to register and activate these licenses before February 1st, 2021.

does this mean my NSG100 will stop working, I can't remember if I have licences, I only purchased the device?
    Nope, it won't affect your NSG100 functionality.

Thanks,
    Jonas
    Jonas,
  • Pook
    So if I am reading this right we will lose the IDP functionality once our current licenses expire and this feature cannot ever be used?
  • Zyxel_Jonas
    Hi @Pook,

Thanks for the feedback, apology for the confusion. :s  
    I had updated the notification message, in fact, Nebula Security Service (NSS) SP 1 year license still continue sell by local reseller or please refer to our Marketplace to purchase NSS points for Security Service features.

Jonas,
  • Pook
    Hi @Pook,

Thanks for the feedback, apology for the confusion. :s  
    I had updated the notification message, in fact, Nebula Security Service (NSS) SP 1 year license still continue sell by local reseller or please refer to our Marketplace to purchase NSS points for Security Service features.

Thanks Jonas, happy to hear we can continue to use these appliances to the full by licensing just on a yearly basis. After 3 years most NSG will be replaced by the new Nebula flex units.

Nebula Tips & Tricks