Any firmware updates for Armor G5

My G5 keeps locking up with red line on top and I have to unplug it and plug it back in to reset it.  Also the usb port is far from robust.  I do love the wifi distance I'm able to obtain with this device and would like to keep it.  I have the option of returning it back to Amazon at the end of the month so I would like to know if there are any updates coming that would encourage me?
Cheers
Jim

All Replies

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 823  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hello @waldosmiles

according to ftp://ftp.zyxel.com/ARMOR_G5_(NBG7815)/firmware/ the latest firmware is v1.00(ABSK.3)C0 from September 2020.

The user guide at ftp://ftp.zyxel.com/ARMOR_G5_(NBG7815)/user_guide/ explains how you can get into the Web Configurator and find out the firmware version you currently have.
         - and how to upgrade the firmware.

I hope that this is helpful.

Kind regards,
         Tony
  • I have the latest firmware, just hoping something new was in the works to better support usb device connections, possible QOS and malware services, also help with my G5 locking up.  I love this router and it's design, I don't want to give it up because it drops out.
  • Scorpione
    Scorpione Posts: 34  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    The latest for now is v1.00 (absk.5) C0 but there are a lot of correction to do yet..
  • 7h1l
    7h1l Posts: 2
    First Comment
    I have the latest firmware, just hoping something new was in the works to better support usb device connections, possible QOS and malware services, also help with my G5 locking up.  I love this router and it's design, I don't want to give it up because it drops out.

I see it the same way. This router is an awesome product but with many lacking features. I look also forward for something like static routing (v4/v6), VoIP, maybe something like VLAN (maybe implemented as "Expert Mode"), better VPN settings (something like site-to-site VPN). And in case of VLAN features it would also be nice to have the possibility to add different addresses on the available interfaces.
  • Asgatlat
    Asgatlat Posts: 81  Ally Member
    hi,
    there is no more Armor G5 or G1 in the Zyxel FTP directory...
    maybe a future firmware release incoming 
  • tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 823  Guru Member
    Hello @Asgatlat

There is some firmware for Armor G5 and G1 in the Zyxel FTP directory at ftp://ftp.zyxel.com/ARMOR_G1_(NBG6818)/firmware/ and at ftp://ftp.zyxel.com/ARMOR_G5_(NBG7815)/firmware/ from 2020.

I don't know if there is any newer software coming.

Kind regards,
           Tony
  • Scorpione
    Scorpione Posts: 34  Freshman Member
    edited January 2021
    Only on me automatic update (ABSK.5)C0 ?? LoL
    If the number of buyers increases I wonder how many developers they have to hire to fix things a bit ..

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,025  Zyxel Employee
    Dear @Scorpione, @tonygibbs16, @Asgatlat

We're working on it, the process is running.

Best regards,
    Jerry 

• Is there a plan to update the firmware, the current is just unusable. Elementary QoS is missing, SMBv1, DLNA doesn't work
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,025  Zyxel Employee
    edited September 2021
    Hi @Ghost777

For the QoS function, we'll evaluate the feature.
    Could you describe more details about how the SMBv1 and DLNA are not working in your environment?

Consumer Product Help Center